Should Osborne fall on his sword

Lt Kije

From what I've seen on the TV (especially prime minister's question time)and what I've read in the newspapers this week I think the best thing that could happen is that they ALL fall on swords wether they are Labour, Conservatives or Lib Dims :roll:

They are all acting like spoilt brats, nit picking, ignoring facts and brawling in a playground with no grown up intervention or solutions in between :roll:

The country is in recession, has got massive debts, banks have had to be bailed out, home repossessions are on the rise, people are losing their jobs........and the media are bothered with rumour and trivia about what or wasn't said on a boat in the Med. Fact of the matter is that no money was given to the Conservative Party...end of story.

PS Guess George O won't be holidaying in Corfu or going on a Russian owned yacht again....and a couple less people on the Christmas card list :wink::)

PPS And given all the difficulties our country is in, Gordon Brown has called for an official investigation into the matter.......maybe what the country really needs is an official investigation into the running of our economy over the last 11 years. :wink:

From what I've seen on the TV (especially prime minister's question time)and what I've read in the newspapers this week I think the best thing that could happen is that they ALL fall on swords wether they are Labour, Conservatives or Lib Dims :roll:

They are all acting like spoilt brats, nit picking, ignoring facts and brawling in a playground with no grown up intervention or solutions in between :roll:

Or stick them all on a yacht in the Med. :D:D:D

PS and put a load of bankers in charge of the navigation :wink::D

This is all part and parcel of the same problem - the EUSSR. Our politicians have got nothing else to do now except squabble amongst themselves and go on holiday. Out of the EUSSR is the only way forward, but to be honest I'm beginning to lose interest in the whole rotten issue :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Perhaps that's what they are all hoping for... ie: that we will all get so fed up that we start to lose interest :shock::wink:

Not really that easy though considering the huge burdon they have all, in some way, contributed to and that we will have to suffer and pay for in one way or another :evil::cry:

Look, they're ALL at it: believe Mandy was on the same boat, sucking up to the same crowd. :shock: These Oligarchs have already ripped their own people off to get their ill gotten gains, and now they're infecting our society with their greed (assuming we needed infecting!). :roll: What's required is a "PolWat", an independent watchdog to watch our politicians and take action at the slightest wiff of corruption; plus an independently imposed cap on the funding and spending of political parties - problem is, the politicians` make the rules - so it won't happen. :evil::wink:

"polwat" ?

if such an agency was set up what would be their brief and what powers would they have.

fine the politician in question, no point as we pay their wages so they would be fining us in effect.

fire the politician involved, who would be left to run the country and make all the important decisions like who to invade next :wink:

:wink::D

I think the whole problem with this matter is how it looks to the general public, many of whom are feeling financial pain, they see people living off the fat of the land on luxury yachts in exotic places, and they think it's wrong even obscene....and actually they are right to think that at this economic time. Those with high profile positions need to be far more discrete......and choose their "friends" more carefully.

I understand the Russian billionaire in question is somewhat less of a billionaire than he was a year or so ago, as they say what goes up can come down....and the bump can be somewhat painful.

PS George will survive......hopefully, chastened, hopefully more humble and certainly somewhat wiser.

Not quite Paul; you have to look at what's driving this; aside from serial sleaze bags like Mandy; political Paties are (like FA Clubs) desperate for cash from rich benefactors, in order to compete in the electoral arms race. :shock: This could be stopped in it's tracks, by legislation to simply cap the amount they are allowed to spend. :? It would also promote competition (and public political awareness), IF ALL political Parties (incl the BNP) were given advertising slots on the TV, then perhaps we could claim to be a real democracy. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

On the subject of the recently ennobled Lord Mandelson, some humour:

God calls President Bush, Prime Minister Putin and Lord Mandelson for a meeting.

God tells them that he is so disappointed with mankind that he will be ending the world tomorrow.

Vladimir Putin goes to the Duma and tells them he has two pieces of bad news; firstly despite Communist teachings, God does exist and secondly the world will end tomorrow.

George Bush goes to Congress and says he has one piece of good news and one piece of bad news. The good news, God exists and the bad news, the world ends tomorrow.

Peter Mandelson meets with Gordon Brown and says he has two pieces of good news. The first, God thinks he, Peter Mandelson, is one of the three most important people in the world and secondly David Miliband will never be the Labour Leader.

:wink: