Iran, on deadline day, vows no nuclear retreat

Mary

Iran said on Saturday it would not back down "one iota" in its nuclear row with major powers, voicing defiance on the day of an informal deadline set by the West over Tehran's disputed atomic ambitions.

Western officials gave Tehran two weeks from July 19 to respond to their offer to hold off from imposing more U.N. sanctions on Iran if it froze any expansion of its nuclear work.

That would suggest a deadline of Saturday but Iran, which has repeatedly ruled out curbing its nuclear activities, dismissed the idea of having two weeks to reply.

The West accuses Iran of seeking to build nuclear warheads under cover of a civilian power program. Iran, the world's fourth-largest oil producer, denies the charge.

People this is not good at all - remember when I predicted that Bush would jump Iran before he leaves office - oh God!

It's not really a question of whether "we like" Iran or not; it's a sovereign Nation presumably, that has worked out, that one is safer from invasion by having bombs than without. :shock: I believe Iran has signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, but one wonders whether Israel, Pakistan and India did so too? :? In which case, why is Iran being treated differently from them? :? Again, it's no doubt "all about oil" and we are being conditioned -again, to accept unilateral intervention by the US Empire and it's lackeys (the UK). :evil::roll: If such interventions were based on any political morality, rather than the resource ambitions of the multi-national corporations, Burma, Zimbawe and umpteen other Countries would be candidates for invasion also. :roll: The problem of course is; that with military over-stretch, a fanatical Islamic opponent; we could easily find that this time we don't win, or any so-called victory will prove to be a pyric one - increasing tenfold the consequences of international terrorism. :shock::wink:

Is it really relevant ??? for god's sake if ONE single nuclear weapon were to be used in this PATHETIC dispute between East and West simply because of a handful of BRAINDEAD 'so called' world leaders do you really think oil is going to make any difference ?????? personally IF the button is pressed we may as well ALL kiss our own backsides goodbye ........... religion will DEFINITELY kick in to the equation with the Eastern countries, and we all know how their fanaticism works when provoked :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: fine, let the US let one fly, BUT, let's all hope Bush is strapped to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we happen to have been born in the west, there are no good/bad guys just two neinghbours. that don't get along.

we percieve ourselves to be the good guys always and by association the rest of the west, and so we are inclined to beleive what our side says over the other sides, as do the other side.

as an individual I have no loyalty to either, but possibly a greater understanduing of the west as an inhabbitant, the east I fear but this may be misguided due to my unfamiliarity, their ways are alien to me.

as an overall picture that is unbias and uninfluenced by either side, I too would wipe out isreal as it seems to have been the cause of the worlds problems.

All the major religeons are based on the same fundimental beleifs and books, each section of religeon promotes its own figurehead and rule system which identify it and distinguish it from the others.

It is at this point power or greed take over, wars start in the name of religeon...when in truth it is in the name of those who have corrupted the word for their own gains.

It never was religeon that created war, its mans desire to prove his religeon to be the true religeon and therfore conquer the world under one human leader (whatever that leader may be). As by destroying other religeons it somehow proves that their prefered method of worship has been chosen by god and is richeous.

one day either one religeon will succeed in this..

or even better wake up to the fact that true faith can only be assumed by the individual, and not forced on somone by war or indoctrine and allowing everyon to beleive in their own personal salvation without the interferance of those who beleive otherwise will result in your own personal salvation, and thats the only one you can save.

This "its all about oil" argument is frequently used to defend these loony middle east countries. The fact is that their leader has stated that he wishes Israel to be removed from the face of the earth. In a few years he will have the power to do that.

The government rules its people as if they are in the 15th century, with public stonings and an atricious human rights record. They have a history of using chemical weapons on their enemies (Iraq) and when they finally do have the bomb, the world will be a very dangerous place.

I can see Israel striking them soon, with the help of the USA. The sooner the better. I liken it to someone taking out a little known chancellor of Germany in the mid 30s.

:lol: That would be quite laughable if the subject matter wern't so serious. :roll: So your arguing, that in order to stop any possibility of Iran developing a nuclear bomb; we bomb them first, wiping out millions of folk in the process? :roll: Hope the Iranians can't read such posts; or they would be racing to get a few nukes. :wink:

The government rules its people as if they are in the 15th century, with public stonings and an atricious human rights record. They have a history of using chemical weapons on their enemies (Iraq)

Britain?s defence ministry admits use of 'brutal' missile to London paper

BRITISH troops have used missiles in Afghanistan which suck the air out of human targets, shred their internal organs and crush their bodies, according to a leading British newspaper.

The Hellfire missiles, also known as vacuum bombs, are condemned by human rights groups as "brutal".

Britain's Ministry of Defence (MoD) admitted to the London Times newspaper that its soldiers had fired the controversial thermobaric weapons, used to kill fighters in buildings and caves, from Apache attack helicopters in Afghanistan.

The government rules its people as if they are in the 15th century, with public stonings and an atricious human rights record. They have a history of using chemical weapons on their enemies (Iraq)

BRITISH troops have used missiles in Afghanistan which suck the air out of human targets, shred their internal organs and crush their bodies, according to a leading British newspaper.

The Hellfire missiles, also known as vacuum bombs, are condemned by human rights groups as "brutal".

Britain's Ministry of Defence (MoD) admitted to the London Times newspaper that its soldiers had fired the controversial thermobaric weapons, used to kill fighters in buildings and caves, from Apache attack helicopters in Afghanistan.

"used to kill fighters hiding in caves". So they are violent people who would do the same to our troops, or our civilians come to that, at the drop of a hat. If they don't want their insides shredded, then they should pick up guns and hide in caves.

Bombs alone don't win wars, at least not political ones. :shock: We only have to view the Viet Nam conflict to realise that; where everything was used bar the nuke. :shock: An idea that becomes contagious cannot be blown up, we blow their bodies up, they blow their own bodies up, but the process becomes remorseless, until we can no longer sustain it politically. :shock::cry:

Today's Headlines

JERUSALEM - Israel is building up its strike capabilities amid growing anxiety over Iran's nuclear ambitions and appears confident that a military attack would cripple Tehran's atomic program, even if it can't destroy it.

Such talk could be more threat than reality. However, Iran's refusal to accept Western conditions is worrying Israel as is the perception that Washington now prefers diplomacy over confrontation with Tehran.

The Jewish state has purchased 90 F-16I fighter planes that can carry enough fuel to reach Iran, and will receive 11 more by the end of next year. It has bought two new Dolphin submarines from Germany reportedly capable of firing nuclear-armed warheads ? in addition to the three it already has.

And this summer it carried out air maneuvers in the Mediterranean that touched off an international debate over whether they were a "dress rehearsal" for an imminent attack, a stern warning to Iran or a just a way to get allies to step up the pressure on Tehran to stop building nukes.

:cry:

to be honest i would do the same its them or me and my mates!! so i prefer it to be them and i bet you they would use the same bombs if they had them..

Steve