Flag it up !

Observer II

he was arrested for racial hatred against the police,not for carrying a flag.

probably arrested for his own protection.

the police will only put up with so much before they act. they would have asked him to stop several times and issued a final warning of arrest if he didn't.

he didn't and was arrested, the fact he had a union flag is neither here nor there, being abusive to police officers will eventually get you arrested.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Observer II said:

But the police didn't arrest any of the anti-jewish flag wavers, did they ?    :rolleyes:

From the BBC about the same incident " Scotland Yard said on Saturday that 15 people had been arrested for alleged offences at the protest, including assaults on emergency workers and setting off fireworks in a public place."

!!!!!!

As I understand it, support for a proscribed organisation like Hamas is currently illegal.    What we now have in the world is the interference of international law into issues arising from open war.  Now war is an outrage in a civilized world, but imo once engaged in, it's objective is to win, which can involve collateral damage to civilians.  To try and legally sanitise war, is merely to make it more acceptable;  as many historic Generals have said, if war was so terrible, perhaps humanity wouldn't engage in it.  We now have a situation, where Hamas has ventured out of Gaza into Israel and committed atrocities, imo deliberately so, in order to trigger a vengefull response by the IDF.   So in an urban environment civilians, being used as human shields by Hamas will be killed and their property destroyed.  Meanwhile Hamas operatives will shelter in the extensive tunnel systems below ground, or even escape through them to Sinia.   So by triggering the IDF into destroying Gaza, they will illicit support throughout the wider Arab world and widen the conflict.  😢

My understanding is that the police like the BBC don’t take sides in such events and that any arrests would have been the result of a few people taking their protest too far. It’s a really fine line between showing support and incitement to riot or violence so not an easy job for the police.

Who'd want to be a cop trying to sort this one out? 

Bill 😊

There are a lot of things people should be arrested for but aren’t due mainly to rules that the police have to follow.

The days where people would fear getting involved with the police seem to be long gone and now it’s not uncommon to see them being taunted by people who believe their human rights will protect them from anything they care to do.

There are so many stupid laws that allow the bad guys avoid prosecution and simply continue doing what they do, so it’s time these laws were changed.

Bill 😊

I think I heard on TV this morning that other than direct violence; protesters could be arrested for attempting to promote a terrorist organization ie Hamaz flag or from deliberately covering their faces to conceal their identity. Nobody can be arrested for simply showing a Palestinian or Israeli flag or a Union flag for that matter.

Seems a fair enough approach to me.

Bill 😊

The BBC were no different than any other news agency in reporting the incidence. They didn’t try to say who was at fault, they just reported the statement made by the Palestinian authorities. Later after the Israelis denial, the BBC’s investigation team report cast doubt on the Palestinian version of events but stopped short of assigning any blame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67144061

Bill 😊

Do you not think your nit picking just a bit here Obs.

The issue stems from the BBCs Arabic reporter on the scene, who after two weeks of relentless Israeli bombing said something like it’s hard to see how this could have been done by the Palestinian side.

Theres a big difference between saying something is hard to understand and making direct accusations as Al Jazeera did. But if you’re the type of person looking to pick up on as something as small as that and ignore the fact that the BBCs reporting has been on the whole fair and factual then carry on.

Bill 😊

Whilst discussing the Al-Ahli Arab hospital incident I have an observation. In Ukraine and elsewhere whenever an incident which appears to be a war crime occurs we are assailed with photographs of the remnants of weapons so that everyone can see where they were made as proof of which side delivered them. In the Al-Ahli case here were none. Someone had cleared them up and the impact crater was rather small, unlike that caused by a fully functioning high-explosive device. I assume that the Israelis were unable to nip in and clear up any evidence of the use of their weapons and that no Palestinians would have chosen to clean up hard evidence with which to blame Israel.  

The BBC Arabic journalists in Gaza had other form for bias, see BBC journalists in Middle East appear to justify Hamas attacks on civilians (archive.ph). Then, no one should be surprised as BBC Arabic Service news in Gaza is by local staff who, in practice, need to be permitted to operate by Hamas. The BBC is not  the same everywhere despite its rhetoric.

Well, this could get out of control, if efforts aren't made to stop it.   If the IDF enter Gaza, Hezbollah will invade from the North, various militias from the East, plus Turkish involvement.  Threatened  with defeat, the Israelis will use their nuclear arsenal, in a suicidal defence.  💀

On 10/21/2023 at 5:12 PM, Observer II said:

The fact that the BBC refuses to describe a proscribed organisation as "terrorist" tells you all you need to know about their bias. :rolleyes:

As i said earlier, The Israelis have killed more Palestinian civilians in the past 5 years than, than Hamas has killed Jewish civilians, does that make the Israelis terrorists, to is that ok as you don't like Muslims?, I also mentioned water as well and East Jerusalem as provocations, but you seem happy enough that is going on also.

You keep refering to numbers, as if the greater the number, the greater the crime - just one life = a crime;  and no reference to historical crimes negates a current one. As I've said, I hold no brief for either side, I regard both sides as ignorant religious bigots, and that's why this situation is dangerous, cos one of them has nuclear weapons, and if it looks like they're being defeated, they WILL use them.   :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Observer II said:

You keep refering to numbers, as if the greater the number, the greater the crime - just one life = a crime;  and no reference to historical crimes negates a current one. As I've said, I hold no brief for either side, I regard both sides as ignorant religious bigots, and that's why this situation is dangerous, cos one of them has nuclear weapons, and if it looks like they're being defeated, they WILL use them.   :rolleyes:

One is supported by American money, the other is not