Of topic but info needed

ok soory nowt to do with pink ladies but

2 weeks or so ago i was cut up very badly by a black taxi with direct taxi signs on it. i was doing about 40mph on the a49 near la bowl i was about to pull into the inside lane when this taxi undercut me, he went past me like i was stood still so i followed for a while to get his number to report him. i never did report him as thought it be a waste of time so i left it. Any ways this evening i was in the town dropping a friend of i pulled over near synergy nxt to checargo rock, when this car screached to a stop acroos the front of my car st stop me driving of. it turns out it was the taxi from a few weeks ago he comes upto me and says if i ever follow him again he would "drop me where i stand" then he goes on and and on in a very threaterning manner. so do i report him and who too or do i just try and find where he parks up at home a deal with his car? yes i do have the make and model.

When i say he cut me up it was a little more than that as i have no idea how he didnt hit us, and this guy thinks in his own words "im a proffesional driver"

Two things spring to mind here.

Firstly, a professional driver means this man earns his living by driving and doesn't mean that he's any better a driver.

Secondly, if a professional driver found it necessary to under take you then you need to ask yourself why.

You were in the outside lane and uncertain what speed you were doing. About 40 was probably in reality well below 40 and certainly sufficiently slow enough to frustrate the person behind into performing a dangerous maneuver.

Finaly, deliberately tailing someone while wound up about their driving is exactly how road rage starts and I think you should count yourself extreemly lucky you only got your ear bent. :oops:

Bill :)

PS Just thinking, I'm about 40 8):lol:

The speed at which you were driving, or whether you were at fault doesn't matter now. A good driver would have just waited until they could get past you safely and maybe 'indicated' their annoyance with a suitable gesture. Finding and threatening you just isn't on. Report him-he's clearly no good as a taxi driver.

I have to agree with Chrissy, go and report him to the Poilce and file charges if you can but i do think it might be hard unless you witnesses to back up your claim.. but i would certainly talk to the Police about it..

@Bill

You certainly have surprised me by your comments..

I am a professional truck driver that does not give me the right to break the Law,i cant believe that you are sticking up for someone like that! these are the people who give taxi Drivers a bad name and get company a bad name..

There is NO Excuse for cutting up another Driver,imagine if it was you Bill or one of your family and that said driver caused a serious accident, would you still say that?

Steve

I have yet to meet a taxi driver who is a "proffesional" in the true sense of the word. They are all crap drivers and I doubt if most of them actually would pass a driving test these days. I also think the Police show far too much leniency when dealing with the way these idoits drive.

Call the police and if that doesn't work....

Steve

I'm not "sticking up" for anyone and I certainly don't condone the actions of either of these two stupid drivers who both allowed themselves to get involved in road rage and both make threats against one other.

It's worth pointing out that not that long back, posts had to be removed from the other forum following a spate of similar accusations by one specific poster who seemed to have an issue with taxi drivers. Now I'm probably wrong but this post has all the hallmarks and characteristics of that same person. Checkout Warringtons Insiders two other posts, both of which relate to the taxi trade!

You just might like to reflect on this before you go advising people to take action that might result in a family being deprived of their income especially when you've only heard one side of a story from an anonymous source.

Now thats more like the Bill i know.. :wink:

I will check out the other posts and i am sure that justice will prevail and if the accusations are false then i doubt very much if the said erson would go to the Police, but we all know there are bad people in everytrade..including mine and if this did happen then my advice would still be the same and go to the Police let them sort it out..

Steve

This from the Daily Mail:

"A driver was killed following a 'road rage' fight on the hard shoulder of the M1 motorway, it emerged last night.

Detectives have launched a murder inquiry after the incident last week which saw Toby Cooke lose his life after exchanging blows with another motorist.

Moments earlier, two blue cars had been seen 'swerving across the lanes' on the busy motorway carriageway before coming to a stop.

The fork lift operator, 25, had been driving northbound to his work for a housing developer in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, at around 7.30am, last Thursday, when he became involved in the argument.

He and another motorist were seen jostling for position as they left roadworks at Junction 10 before they pulled on to the hard shoulder on Junction 11 and left their cars.

According to Bedfordshire Police, the pair began to exchange blows before Mr Cooke, from Luton, Bedfordshire, was seen to be hit in the head and fall to the ground.

He was rushed to the Luton and Dunstable Hospital but then transferred with 'serious head injuries' to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, North London.

Despite undergoing an emergency operation he was then placed on a series of life support machines but died on Monday night."

Sometimes it's best to just let the matter drop, it is all well and good being right if it doesn't leave you dead. :(

I don't see what the issue is if you've got all the info and feel strongly about it then report him it's that simple to either

1. The Taxi firm he works for;

2. The Council who issue his licence; and/or

3. The Police

For him to recognise you you must have got too close when tailgaiting him and obviouly left your mark in such a way that your probably as bad as he is.

I don't see what the issue is if you've got all the info and feel strongly about it then report him it's that simple to either

1. The Taxi firm he works for;

2. The Council who issue his licence; and/or

3. The Police

For him to recognise you you must have got too close when tailgaiting him and obviouly left your mark in such a way that your probably as bad as he is.

I suspect this to be true, and added to the fact he had to undertake the OP in the first place, indicating that OP's driving was at fault first, and as stated all the taxi driver did was undertake him, which depending where it happened could have been a perfectly normal manouver - many drivers move into the outside lane way way too early to turn right and head up Cromwell - so he could have thought that was what was going on?

Not defending the taxi driver per se, as they are some of the worst drivers on the road generally, and the second incident sounds a bit OTT, but the initial incident seems to have one culprit, and it's not the guy with a sign on his door.

Steve

There?s nothing to see now on the other forum because the posts were deleted but the flavour was exactly the same.

From what I remember, it involved someone claiming they were perfectly in the right by driving below the speed limit then a taxi that had been following for some time eventually overtook at speed. The person then chased after the taxi; got his company details then posted them on the forum. See the similarity?

My personal take on what happened is that the taxi simply passed on the inside out of sheer frustration

A risky manoeuvre especially if the other person isn?t paying attention and ends up moving in without indicating.

Passing on the left in this country is permissible in a number of circumstances but a dawdling driver that doesn?t move over isn?t on the list. (Maybe it should be!)

Well it does sound the same from what your describing thankfully no details have been put up on here.

Maybe someone doesnt like taxi drivers for some reason? i have no idea i wasnt in either Vehicle!!! :wink: so i cant comment on what happened..

but i wll be monitoring ths thread..

Steve

ps thanks for the info..

pps I always overtake on the left!!! but then again we do drive on the right side of the road :wink::P

2 weeks or so ago i was cut up very badly by a black taxi with direct taxi signs on it. i was doing about 40mph on the a49 near la bowl i was about to pull into the inside lane when this taxi undercut me,

Anyway, back to our friend here. Why were you doing less than 40mph in the outside lane in the first place? You can;t have been overtaking anyone at that speed. All seems strange to me.

Steve

Passing on the left in this country is permissible in a number of circumstances but a dawdling driver that doesn?t move over isn?t on the list. (Maybe it should be!)

If the driver in the outside lane was going at less than the speed limit, it would only be natural for the other driver to undertake. It happens on the motorway all the time.

Some think it?s an absolute offence to pass on the left and that?s where half the problem lies. My understanding is that when there?s more than one lane of traffic and the right hand lane suddenly slow down as is often the case on the motorways, the cars on the left can continue. The same applies when the right hand lane is congested due to turning right but this is classed as under passing rather than undertaking.

Undertaking involves moving into the left lane, passing a vehicle then deliberately cutting back to the right. This manoeuvre is normally done by total idiots but I have to admit I?ve been forced into doing this on occasion when someone?s either just not paying attention or for sheer bloody mindedness refuses to move over.

Heres what the highway code says!

only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so

stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left

This means you can undertake if there are two or more lanes and the right lane is moving slower because of heavy traffic!!

Steve

Yep. That?s pretty much what I said earlier but it?s still a bit risky passing on the left if the other driver isn?t paying enough attention and explains why the driver got passed as quickly as possible.

The other aspect I read into from the original post and from those deleted was the self-righteous attitude that driving by driving below the speed limit somehow makes them a better driver when in reality they?re just causing frustration for the majority. :roll:

I agree with Bill. Undertaking is allowed under certain circumstances, and Steve, I also have encountered a lot of slow drivers - just last night I was stuck behind a Ford doing 28 in a 60 zone near the Jolly Thresher in Lymm, which was unbelievably frustrating.

Warrington Insider should not have followed the taxi, as he probably was just frustrated, and was a bit of an over reaction. Accidents are caused by people like this.

That being said, the taxi driver definately should not have returned to threaten this person, and my recommendation would be to report the incident to the taxi company, and let them deal with the situation.

The Police probably wouldn't do anything anyway.