Should Boris Go ?

Observer II

In the absence of a politician with the conviction and gravitas to actually lead this country into policies that actually resonate with popular opinion, my conclusion would be not yet.   The opposition have played up "partygate" for all it's worth, in order to get rid of him, and whilst his hooray Henry, cavalier approach has led him into his present difficulties, "partygate" wouldn't be my reason for getting rid.   The reason imo for getting rid, subject to a worthy replacement being available such as Lord Frost;  would be his failure to deliver on the aspirations of the 17.5million leave voters, most of whom voted Tory in 2019. Failure to cancel the N/I protocol and retain the unity of the UK. Failure to end the invasion of our borders by illegal migrants. Failure to prevent the disruption of most folks lives by a minority of middle class liberal, climate nerds, blocking roads, while our police look on.   None of which will be addressed by the current opposition Parties,  the same people who ignored the view of the majority in the EU referendum and spent the period of the pre-2019 parliament trying to overturn that referendum decision;  something we will return to if they ever get a majority in parliament again.   So if the Tories want to stay in power, they've got to start throwing some red meat to their leave voters.    😠

If someone within the working environment of No 10 arranged a surprise birthday cake for Boris what would anyone expect the man to do, pull a glum face and tell everyone to get out of my house? If there’s guilt involved, then it could only be aimed at the organizer.

The way the other political parties and press have used all this makes me sick. Just look at Mrs Krankie the other day. She accidentally walks into a shop for a few seconds without her mask, which is something we’ve all done and yet for that she’s branded a hypocrite with calls for her resignation. She was even reported to the police, but rather than them saying "Don’t be so silly", she was given an official police warning. How stupid and petty.

There are far more important matters going on now without being derailed by party political games.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 4

Well, Boris is off to India to sort out a new trade deal, and guess what;  part of the deal is that we accept more immigrants from India - yer just couldn't make it up.   Meanwhile, with a global food crisis looming, UK farmers are facing higher energy and production costs, so won't be producing more food.  So we'll be buying it in from third world nations, who probably need it more than us, plus prices will soar.   Why is it that this Gov is permanently behind the curve, and can't see anything coming     until it hits them in the face ?       :rolleyes:

Your right Sid, what we've witnessed is a planned descent into classroom politics of personalities, unworthy of the term political debate.   OK, so we have a PM who's character has always led him to a cavalier disregard to the consequence of his personal actions, which have been evident since he was Mayor of London, but the opposition have homed in on this in the absence of any constructive policy plan from themselves to address the issues of the day.   In fact, it is a deliberate attempt to remove a PM who, albeit opportunistically, supported the result of a national referendum, if not fully and seriously.  And there's the rub, what this is about is a remorseless attempt by the Remoaners to roll back on Brexit, as promoted by such people as Lord Adonis, who hold the indigenous working class of the UK in contempt.    😠

Well, I think it's been established that Boris has a cavalier attitude to life, but the latest speculation would take it into another realm, in terms of impacting our lives.   Speculation that he's authorised the SAS to operate in Ukraine and may be involved in a current spate of saboteur events around Moscow.  No doubt the Russians will discover the truth and respond likewise, in similiar manner to the Salisbury chemical attack, which would mean we were on the slippery slope to a nuclear war. So if and when you observe that bright flash, followed by a thunderous blast,  we can all thank Boris for spoiling our day or rather life.   💀

9 hours ago, Observer II said:

Speculation that he's authorised the SAS to operate in Ukraine and may be involved in a current spate of saboteur events around Moscow.  No doubt the Russians will discover the truth

The important word in all of this is SPECULATION.

As for the russians discovering the truth, will anybody believe what they say happened happened?

It's the old "would you buy a used car from this man" response that will be trotted out.

• Upvote 1

Obs, Russia are not responding to anything (has anyone mentioned that they just make things up to suit their own agenda?!!!!), they are trying to pick a pick a fight with the UK because they fear that it alone understands at a political level what is going on and is influencing the west. This article is the antithesis of your own Mearsheimer led position but it might help to understand what is going on a bit better from a different perspective. The Fear of Victory - ICDS

PS here is a podcast from Australia's ABC about Zelinsky and US links and I believe it shows that the business is mainly driven by US domestic politics and Ukraine just suffered from the fallout. It also show, like the article linked above, why Zelinsky feels that the UK (including Boris) is his most reliably ally - a fact clearly annoying Russia. Hence making up lies to frighten us. https://abcmedia.akamaized.net/rn/podcast/2019/09/sea_20190928_0730.mp3 

[[[Source:

By Geraldine Doogue on Saturday Extra

There is still a lot emerging from the Ukrainian side of Trump's possible impeachment.

We examine America’s hold over the Ukraine, why the military aid was such a bargaining tool, and the pressure that President Zelenskiy, a former comic and TV star, is now under.

And, the role of Trump’s attorney Rudy Guiliani, who has been on the payroll of Ukrainian oligarchs for over a decade.

Guest:

James Sherr, senior research fellow of the Estonian Foreign Policy Institute, in Tallin.

Associate fellow of the Russia and Eurasia Programme at Chatham House

Duration: 11min 59sec
Broadcast: Sat 28 Sep 2019, 7:30am]]]

😄   I'm afraid the Mearshiemer analysis makes perfect sense and corresponds to past events imo.   I can't see Putin setting fires and explosions to sensitive production sites around Moscow, so the only logical explanation will be Ukrainian special forces, trained and equiped by SAS stationed in Lviv.  The idea of right and wrong is in any case a futile discorse, as the reality of war is about bombs and death, and ultimately victory or defeat, and despite the abysmal performance of the Russian tactical forces, their failure will merely generate escalation in the kind of weaponary used, including eventually nuclear.   The Germans seem to be the only one's keeping their heads at the moment, no doubt due to Russian gas dependency, but the blow back from sanctions will eventually (hopefully) diminish Western escalation.    💀

2 hours ago, Observer II said:

😄   I'm afraid the Mearshiemer analysis makes perfect sense and corresponds to past events imo.   I can't see Putin setting fires and explosions to sensitive production sites around Moscow, so the only logical explanation will be Ukrainian special forces, trained and equiped by SAS stationed in Lviv.  The idea of right and wrong is in any case a futile discorse, as the reality of war is about bombs and death, and ultimately victory or defeat, and despite the abysmal performance of the Russian tactical forces, their failure will merely generate escalation in the kind of weaponary used, including eventually nuclear.   The Germans seem to be the only one's keeping their heads at the moment, no doubt due to Russian gas dependency, but the blow back from sanctions will eventually (hopefully) diminish Western escalation.    💀

Not even the Russians have link the two stories the way you have. Do you know more than you are letting on!!!!!!

From Reuters (as carried by Yahoo)

"LONDON (Reuters) - Russia's top state investigative body said on Saturday it was looking into a Russian media report alleging that sabotage experts from Britain's SAS special forces have been deployed to western Ukraine.

The Special Air Service is an elite military force trained to conduct special operations, surveillance and counter-terrorism. Russia's RIA Novosti news agency on Saturday quoted a Russian security source as saying about 20 SAS members had been sent to the Lviv region."

Other reports from RIA Novostni suggest that the SAS were posing as medics. Sound familiar does it? That is the same BS they used in Syria about the white helmets. Why do you take anything the Russians say seriously. That news agency was dissolved and taken over by Putin in 2013 when it was critical of him over Crimea. 

So, are you saying that Putin's blowing up his own key installations ?   It makes perfect military sense for Ukrainian special forces, fluent Russian speakers, to engage in such operations, before their products reach the battle field.   No doubt in the absence of properly trained infantry, the Russians will resort to flattening urban areas by artillery and missile bombardment, with increasing yields of tnt, then gas and finally nuclear -  casualty rates will soar and the Ukraine will be taken back into the stone age;  which should consume Western funds for years to come.  Putin has to claim a victory, and preferably by 9th May, which I doubt.    💀

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

So, are you saying that Putin's blowing up his own key installations ?   It makes perfect military sense for Ukrainian special forces, fluent Russian speakers, to engage in such operations, before their products reach the battle field.   No doubt in the absence of properly trained infantry, the Russians will resort to flattening urban areas by artillery and missile bombardment, with increasing yields of tnt, then gas and finally nuclear -  casualty rates will soar and the Ukraine will be taken back into the stone age;  which should consume Western funds for years to come.  Putin has to claim a victory, and preferably by 9th May, which I doubt.    💀

No I am not, this time! News reports put the cause as an electrical fault. It is only you who is blaming the SAS. Even the Russians are not that daft, they are suggesting that the SAS are sabotaging things in Ukraine. The whole basis of your concern is unsupported by any news reports. No doubt the Kremlin are trying to work out how to create a victory by 9th May and Boris is determined that they should not have one. The Americans are not certain. Food supplies are due to run out by the end of May in Russia according to reports which means setting sights lower. The Kremlin lie machine usually sets targets by asking for the opposite, in this case they need to convince their own citizens that they are being humane and reasonable to explain the bad outcome. The funds to rebuild Ukraine will come from Russia I think - it is already sitting in Western Banks - frozen.

Would Putin want to admit that he had enemy agents involved in Russia - I doubt it, makes him look weak.   There was a tit for tat strike by missile on a storage unit for Western arms equipment in Odessa though.   Russia isn't the only Country that's running short on food supplies, our food banks are now under pressure !   I think the best that Putin can get out of this, would be to occupy the eastern Ukraine up to the river Dnieper and the sea coast, thus land locking the rest.  Given the hatred they've created they won't be able to occupy the whole and an insurgency will continue,  so he will have to banish anti-Russian elements to the West and possibly re-populate the East.  However, the harder and longer it gets, the greater the temptation to lay waste enemy territory, and the possible use of nuclear weapons.     💀

You're just making some of this up I fear. The Chinese news said it was an overload in the power distribution. If Putin was controlling the story then everyone would have said the same thing. They didn't though, there were different stories at different times. Just like a normal fire when the truth slowly emerges. What you are putting out is a conspiracy theory. I don't know where it originates but such theories can cause problems and I for one don't believe this one at all. ENDS

Everything is a matter of opinion, nowadays based on media opinion, rather than known facts, so yes in this fog of propaganda and liberal media bias we have to rely on deduction.  Quite ironic though that you quote a Chinese source, which would seem the least reliable, given their covid cover up !    A possibility of WW3 is a rather serious matter I would think, but our media is currently absorbed by Boris being distracted by Angela Rayner flashing her crotch !    :rolleyes: