The end of the EU ?

With Spain and Italy suffering the ravages of the virus, and facing the prospect of economic collapse; their appeals for financial support from their northern neighbours seems to have hit deaf ears, as each Country looks to it's own interests first.  Meanwhile, the EU tells the E/Europeans, that their refusal to take a share of the immigrants unilaterally invited in by Merkel, is illegal.  In other words, not doing what we tell you, is illegal.  Hungexit next ?!    😉😉

• Upvote 1

The problem began with the massive expansion when virtually anyone could join in the fun.

But to understand the huge differences in cultures,beliefs and general lifestyles meant that no more was it a "Common" but  an "Atypical" misrepresented collection of nations,all trying to grab the slice of pie that most suited "Them".And their particular needs.

On 4/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, Latchford Locks said:

The problem began with the massive expansion when virtually anyone could join in the fun.

But to understand the huge differences in cultures,beliefs and general lifestyles meant that no more was it a "Common" but  an "Atypical" misrepresented collection of nations,all trying to grab the slice of pie that most suited "Them".And their particular needs.

I think the politicians have just gone too fast, add political correctness into the mix and it was doomed to fail.

THe USA has - in my opinion, although I have never been to the USA-  a huge difference in cultures, beliefs and lifestyles too yet it works for them

Meanwhile Italy, Spain and Portugal have asked the EU to issue bonds to help them out financially and the EU refused, Italy is especially upset with the EU for their refusal.

There seems to be a lack of any support from EU countries for each other, apart for a couple of German flights taking a few people to German hospitals and as I understand it taking home their nationals.

1 hour ago, Milky said:

I think the politicians have just gone too fast, add political correctness into the mix and it was doomed to fail.

THe USA has - in my opinion, although I have never been to the USA-  a huge difference in cultures, beliefs and lifestyles too yet it works for them

Meanwhile Italy, Spain and Portugal have asked the EU to issue bonds to help them out financially and the EU refused, Italy is especially upset with the EU for their refusal.

There seems to be a lack of any support from EU countries for each other, apart for a couple of German flights taking a few people to German hospitals and as I understand it taking home their nationals.

And folk in this country were almost talked into staying in this crowd !!!!😳!!!!

America was a new start for people wanting to escape the cess pits of their origins so everybody went along as a guest hoping for a better future. It didn't matter that the indigenous people of  the continent  would have to be displaced as the influx spread westwards though.

Contrast that with Europe where there are still many old scores to settle between former foes & it is easy to see why there is still mistrust between governments & populations.