Feel good factor for a nice change

Latchford Locks

What a great idea.. putting the fans first 👍👍👍 ................... PLAYERS and staff from Warrington Wolves are going to be doing their bit for the community amid the coronavirus outbreak.

The club say around eight per cent of their fanbase is aged 70 or above – the age group classed as vulnerable to Covid-19, with the Government advising them to remain indoors.

As a result, The Wire say they will be making phone calls to all of their elderly members and vulnerable community groups to check on their wellbeing.

They will also arrange for safe delivery of essential home products and groceries, plus entertainment packs including old programmes and DVDs.............................. Well done again 👍👍

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Well done to them and what a fab thing to do.  I wish I was over 70 now as I'd love to have my loaf of bread delivered by a Warrington Wolves player.

Any particular one caught your eye Dizzy? Or aren't you that fussed?😅

8 minutes ago, asperity said:

Any particular one caught your eye Dizzy? Or aren't you that fussed?😅

Are they drafting any ex players in as I was always rather obsessed with Adrian Morleys arms.... and then there was  Ashton Sims. gawd my blood pressure is rising already thinking about him lol.  But hey any will do for me as they are all rather hunky but current team do seem rather young to me these days lol

• Haha 2

My normal Wednesday night pub is a tiny real ale place in Caddishead called the Grocers but before last nights announcement, the pub had already decided to close temporarily and return it to being a local store selling products such as fruit and veg grown in the local area. Many of the pubs customers were farmers or had allotments and it was quite normal to see bags of spuds and eggs being swapped for beer. 

Bill :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was good Sam.

I spend half my life trying to get you back reinstated here and two little posts later you break the bloomin internet for the whole of the Hollins Green area. 

Sam you are the man!

BTW I've just checked and it was 2013 you were last seen on here.

Well this brings a whole new meaning to self isolation. My brother Sam's only contact with the outside world is his landline phone and internet and that's been off now for over 24 hours. I suppose Open Reach are operating a reduced service and Hollins Green is a bit of a low priority backwater for them. I'm assuming the neighbours are helping but I may have to break my own isolation and have a ride out just to make sure he's ok. 

Just got back and he's OK but B.T. have said that it' could be up to four days for them to come back and correct the fault that they created yesterday while working in the street. Meanwhile he's got my mobile so at least he can ring out to get deliveries from the local shop.