Police priorities ?

Observer II

Finally we've had some common sense from a Senior Police Officer and a female one at that; who's calling for the police to be allowed to get back to basics, with the pursuit of robberies and violent crime, given their diminished resources.  So she's calling for an end to demands to pursue cold cases and "hate" crimes, the type of PC complaints currently taking up most police time and energy these days. 

• Upvote 1

As if to put a seal on this current nonsense,  the Police have been asked to investigate "hate crime" in the Labour Party. :rolleyes:    And given that this just doesn't add up, Labour's chief mathmatician, Diane Abbot,  claims hate crime investigations are important and should be investigated by the police,  it just needs more police funding  - so she's off to cut down a few more money trees. :D

Seems Diane and Co are in denial;  while young black kids are knifing each other on the way home from school; they challenge stop and search as being targeted at blacks; and demand more funding for youth development projects - perhaps national service could occupy the minds of these kids and fill up the falling numbers of our Armed Forces ?

8 minutes ago, Confused52 said:

No Obs not a good idea. As the recruiting poster said in 1915 - One volunteer is worth 10 pressed men. We don't want the efficiency or fitness reduced now do we? Nor am I convince that teaching them to use a knife properly is a good idea either, but I am less certain on that point!

This is so true. I believe that the armed forces have come out against National Service many times as they don't want their efficiency impaired by having to try and train unwilling young men, many of whom would not gain anything from the experience in any case.

I use a knife for buttering/margerining bread and the like, preparation of food for cooking, cutting up food when eating.

a proper use of a knife.

Poking holes in people with the pointy end in a public place is not the proper use of a knife (at least unless you are a member of the armed forces on active duty)🤔

• 2 weeks later...