At the end of the rainbow...

Davy51

...it seems £63,000 has been handed to a Manchester charity to do a study  into whether or not there is a need for a special school to cater for the educational needs of lesbian, gay ,bisexual & trans-gender pupils. The charity's slant is that it will save the kids from bullying ,but surely in this enlightened age it will marginalise these kids even more  & possibly pigeon hole them for life into being different to others.

School kids ,but it didn't state what age group ,but i could imagine if some kids were confused about their sexuality the actions may recruit some to that leaning who weren't really that way inclined.

I could imagine this idea being a boon to  same sex parents who would no doubt be more of a cause of bullying to  kids of school age than would a child's confused orientation.

There was a LibDem Minister quoted as suggesting boys should be brought up to play with dolls; to generate a "nurturing" attitude in them - Orwellian or what !

A UKIP Councillor blamed gay marriage for causing the floods last year, complete idiot or what?  Mind you, we could fly out gay couples to drought hit countries and have them get married et voila, a deluge will occur.

• 2 months later...

Rather than send 'gay' kids to a special school to save them from bullying wouldn't it be more effective to send bullies to a special school ie 'Reform School' then all kids, not just gays, could be saved from bullying.

I don't think there's really a need for 'gay' schools, if you talk to kids these days being 'gay' is no big deal it seems accepted.

If there are instances where there is bullying due a kid being 'gay' removing the kid from the situation is evading it and not dealing with it. As Davy says schools for 'gay' kids would marginalise them for life. After going to a segregated school how would they cope in the workforce? The whole idea of 'gay' schools is badly thought out.

I wonder how many of the staff on the Manchester charity are gay? wouldn't they have to be to understand the needs of 'gay' kids? Also how many gay teachers would be needed to run these schools?

Is this 'great idea' just a novel way of securing employment?

• Upvote 3

Given the recent prosecutions for various child abuse there would have to be one hell of a vetting process for anybody who was to teach at such a school, not to mention possibly cctv in classrooms and all other areas of the school just to make sure. Then there would be the vetting process for the people doing the vetting process etc. etc.

would a lesbian who then had a transgender op be classed as straight?

And on the national news today they were talking about 77 kids, 10 years old & under, questioning their gender. Two were highlighted who were 6 & 8 respectively,dressed as girls, attending school as girls & being interviewed on national tv with parental approval. I would say a child of that age knows not whether they are gay or straight, never mind wanting to change sex.

Maybe the parents need slapping !

• Upvote 3

I am sure it has been a problem of recent years caused by the fact that little girls have the most colouful dolls & toys ,get to the years of puberty & the little darlings will want everything sewing back in place.

It seems to be more of a fad with the pc parents ,brainwashed by the doctrine of sexual diversity ,& fostered by a  minority of misfits in society.

Arm round shoulder ,a little chat with the errant child & present him with a holiday action man complete with Hawaiian shirt & matching man bag & accessories.

For sure !

Or a simpler way would be to tell them that at eighteen they are classed as adult and can make thier own decision as to what gender they want to be and then hand them appropriate literature at that age so that they can then decide.

At any age under sixteen most children would be hard pushwed to decide what sex they were or wanted to be with any certainty. Ok so they may want to dress as girls or boys and be treated as such. That is not a problem as i have heard that most children go through a stage of wanting to be opposite to what they are born. (no idea where i heard or saw this as it was quite a while ago and i have had a few sleeps since then)

Some boys grow out of wanting to wear dresses and some make a good living out of it as well. (danny la rue springs to mind)

Mind you if you consider pantomime. The principal boy is a girl dressd as a boy and the ugly sisters are boys dressed as girls. and we take our little nippers to see these things and say that they are "normal". no wonder they get confused. :lol:

• Upvote 2