Places to Eat

Coffee

Most of the restaurants in Stockton Heath are very good - Ego for Mediterranean, A La Turka for Turkish, Le Bistro Pierre for French, and Pan Y Vino for Tapas.

Donatellos in Orford used to be one of my favorites for inexpensive Italian, although it's been a few years since I've been in that neck of the woods for a meal.

The Choy Hing Village in Grappenhall is probably one of the best Chinese restaurants in the north west.

The Cottage on Church St is excellent for a contemporary style of Indian food.

Then there's Flavors for Turkish, La Boheme (if you can get a table!), Elmas, Bowdens Bistro and Lymm Lounge all excellent and all in or around Lymm.

But for a good old fashioned carvery my personal favorite has to be The Walton Arms.

looking at the  list of eateries above it strikes me that there is a niche there for an english/british one serving traditional english/british food.

Bland mashed potato's, soggy yorkshire puddings, lumpy gravy, green ball bearing peas,yellowy green cabbage,those special sprouts soft on the outside and raw in the middle and shoe leather beef.(sorry flashback to school dinners for a moment then)

Then again maybe not.

I suppose it all depends on how far you are willing to travel and what you consider to be "spending a fortune", Being brought up a tightwad anything over £10 per person is too much but i know of people who quite often dine out and think nothing of spending £30 or £40 per head AND have to take their own wine AND pay to have it opened at that.

At £10 a person you're definitely going to be looking at either a decent carvery or bog standard pub food complete with the bland mashed potato's, soggy yorkshire puddings, lumpy gravy, green ball bearing peas,yellowy green cabbage, and those special sprouts soft on the outside and raw in the middle you mentioned above!

You're not even going to get poppadoms and generic "meat" main course with a couple of Cobra beers at a cheap Indian for that.

thanks, will try some of your suggestions in the weeks ahead

KFC

One of my favoretes, sadly it does not stay open long enough!

Most of the restaurants in Stockton Heath are very good - Ego for Mediterranean, A La Turka for Turkish, Le Bistro Pierre for French, and Pan Y Vino for Tapas.

Donatellos in Orford used to be one of my favorites for inexpensive Italian, although it's been a few years since I've been in that neck of the woods for a meal.

The Choy Hing Village in Grappenhall is probably one of the best Chinese restaurants in the north west.

The Cottage on Church St is excellent for a contemporary style of Indian food.

Then there's Flavors for Turkish, La Boheme (if you can get a table!), Elmas, Bowdens Bistro and Lymm Lounge all excellent and all in or around Lymm.

But for a good old fashioned carvery my personal favorite has to be The Walton Arms.

It is years since I been the Choy Hing, but it would bankrupt me if started using it regulary lol

PS Funny link