Extreme weather?

observer

I really can't let Sha's comments go without putting in my 5P worth. You really need to do some proper research before you fall for all the scare stories. The tragedy of DDT was in governments believing the scaremongers and banning it. Because of the ban millions of people around the world have needlessly died from malaria carried by mosquitos which DDT very successfully kills off without harming humans. 

DDT was banned for agricultural use, it is still used for disease control throughout Africa and Asia.

Sha, because I am the only one on here, so what, are you saying this forum is truly representative of the population of the UK, mainly disgruntled Tories on here, if it was truly representative of Warrington even, I think you find a few more Labour voters on here. And you have also not got the fact that most Western governments take the same view as me. the Met office which I think you would agree are not known for their politics actually blamed the crap weather we are having on global warming, just because their are more of you on here does not make you right.

A family.....

mother, father and two children trapped in the loft of their house in Somerset for two weeks....

today they heard a knocking on the front door of their house.... ..

Outside were 5 people in a boat.. " Hello....Hello " they cried...."Anyone in there???? we are from the Red Cross...we are from the Red Cross....."

"....thank heavens for that cries out the father, have you come to rescue us"?.........

:) :smile:

"No we are wondering if you would like to donate to our aid appeal for Syria....."

:lol:  nice one Baz !   Kije, think your getting mixed up between, what used to be called, ordinary working class Labour voters and  their current supporters. Most folk are disillusioned with the current PC, luvvie , detached, Westminister  establishment; and either don't vote or have started voted for non-mainstream parties.

Sha, because I am the only one on here, so what, are you saying this forum is truly representative of the population of the UK, mainly disgruntled Tories on here, if it was truly representative of Warrington even, I think you find a few more Labour voters on here. And you have also not got the fact that most Western governments take the same view as me. the Met office which I think you would agree are not known for their politics actually blamed the crap weather we are having on global warming, just because their are more of you on here does not make you right.

Lt, how can you assume my political preference based on my views on global warming, in my case you are so wide of the mark, I do not have any strong leanings to any political party and have not had for many many years now.

Scared to Death, a really good read which gives an eye opening perspective  on the panics issued by various government bodies and experts which have ultimately cost money and lives.

Another one by the same author is "The Real Global Warming Disaster" . I'd recommend that to you Kije, it might explain why you have been sucked in !!

I don't algy

Someone said on here most people stand against the global warming argument, all I said is this forum is not a proper snap shot of the population, that is all,

This forum is in no way a true representative of the population as a whole. If it was we was 50% of the posters would be female! despite having lots of members their are not actually that many active posters.

To many people reading between the lines;)

I don't algy

Someone said on here most people stand against the global warming argument, all I said is this forum is not a proper snap shot of the population, that is all,

This forum is in no way a true representative of the population as a whole. If it was we was 50% of the posters would be female! despite having lots of members their are not actually that many active posters.

To many people reading between the lines;)

Parliament is not a proper snapshot of the population

The Police force isn't

The fire service isn't

need I say more?

Didn't the weatherman say the cause of this onslaught of storms was to do with the position of the jetstream which is variable anyway & not necessarily because of global warming. Britain is unlucky in its relationship with the jetstream ,which i think is also influenced  by the gulf stream , but the jetstream is basically above Britain permanently with a drift north or south of a few hundred miles  which provides either mild & wet or cold & drier winters & either  wet/mild or  prolonged hot/dry summers. The position of the jetstream at any one time governs whether air masses are pulled in from either the north (cold), wet from the west or warm & dry from the south.

• Upvote 1

Kije.... only the population as a whole is a true representation.... and the majority think man-made global warming is a load of tosh.... global warming may well be happening, but me paying green taxes and 5p for a carrier bag is only a way of making money; which is what the global warming brigade have done..... turned it into another great big cash cow

Kije.... only the population as a whole is a true representation.... and the majority think man-made global warming is a load of tosh.... global warming may well be happening, but me paying green taxes and 5p for a carrier bag is only a way of making money; which is what the global warming brigade have done..... turned it into another great big cash cow

I think the majority are with me Baz,