Premier Sports on Virgin

Latchford Locks

From what i've heard & seen of Premier sports the channel keeps freezing....it's to be hoped that Virgin can iron out that problem.

I have now watched 4 games and have had absolutely no problem.

My only complaint is that I am being spoilt by the sensible and informed style of commentary and now dread having to return next season to the Eddie Waring style showmanship of Eddie & Stevo  :oops:

Both the BBC & Premier commentaries are a welcome breath of fresh air. I think We've had enough of the Sky hype commentary these days ... where everything seems to be controversial and every referee decision is questioned.

Well done Premier(and beeb) !

• Upvote 1

Excellent that it is working properly . I haven't got sky sports myself  but on the few occasions i have seen rl coverage on sky the bloke with the bald head comes across as a complete buffoon. Any difference from that approach of having two commentators trying to upstage each other must be a welcome change.

And just a thought but....

With reference to the amazing demand for tickets...

Premier as yet only have a relatively small viewing audience.

and.............

There is nothing increases demand like lack of avaliability.

In 2000 sky and bbc  went into overkill coverage.

Result was empty stadia and it and nearly bankrupted the RL.

Just take a look at the figures.......

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/competitions/world-cup-2000/summary.html

watching the matches so far the attendances have been pretty good. Think the lowest was the America v Fiji game with just over 70000 in attendance. considering this match took place in bristol not a bad crowd.

have one little niggle with virgin media though. I was watching on the pc and as the match started about half an hour later than it should have in stead of going off at about ten to ten it was about quarter past. now i had logged in to watch at eight. two minutes before the final whistle i got a message to say that my streaming session had expired and that i would have to reload the content. Ok it only took a few seconds to do that but annoying non the less as i did not know that they had a time limit on how long you could watch streaming content from their site. as far as i now no other site has this sort of maximum time limit, but then again do not watch a lot of long video content from the web.

will have to look up the toc on their site and see what the gen is.

watching the matches so far the attendances have been pretty good. Think the lowest was the America v Fiji game with just over 70000 in attendance. considering this match took place in bristol not a bad crowd.

have one little niggle with virgin media though. I was watching on the pc and as the match started about half an hour later than it should have in stead of going off at about ten to ten it was about quarter past. now i had logged in to watch at eight. two minutes before the final whistle i got a message to say that my streaming session had expired and that i would have to reload the content. Ok it only took a few seconds to do that but annoying non the less as i did not know that they had a time limit on how long you could watch streaming content from their site. as far as i now no other site has this sort of maximum time limit, but then again do not watch a lot of long video content from the web.

will have to look up the toc on their site and see what the gen is.

Well personally I think Seventy Thousand a perfectly acceptable crowd. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

A wonderful World Cup so far :P although we are half way through it tonight  :cry:

And with the added bonus of.....

No Eddie & Stevo !!!!- this world cup's given us all a glimpse of how a sunshine-filled world might be like without those two dragging down our game to the level of It's A Knockout.  I've heard hardly any negative comment from the Woods, Voss, Noble team during the games - compare and contrast with the almost relentless negativity that we hear every week from Eddie & Stevo... 'poor' this, 'poor' that, 'poor' kick, 'poor' pass, 'silly' penalty, 'forward pass', 'should have been a penalty',  and on and on and on...  The best moment was the 'coat-hanger' tackle when Voss and Noble just chuckled - imagine the apopleptic meltdown if Stevo had been on the mike as Eddie groaned apologeticaly once more that.. " our game doesn't need this kind of thing."

I'm dreading their return next season.

I already have my season ticket as usual.

But can't get to the away matches. and I love my televised Friday games.. but.......

I may think I about not subscribing to sky and just get Premier for the Championship and Aussie games instead ??

Would be a wrench but am really not happy with skys charges + the type of coverage we being are subjected to. ^_^