Algy's Steam Loco Photos. 4 (Final).

algy

excellent photo's of a form of transport that, despite the pollution caused, will always be something magical. brings back the memories of dallam sheds where i spent as much time as i could as a nipper, at least when i could evade the parents and the employees that would chase you off if the boss was around or ignore you if he wasn't.

Nearly every kid i knew had a train spotters book and if news got out that a certain train was due through then the bridge over the track would be rife with kids and other anoraks waiting to catch a glimpse and cross the number off in the book.

excellent photo's of a form of transport that, despite the pollution caused, will always be something magical. brings back the memories of dallam sheds where i spent as much time as i could as a nipper, at least when i could evade the parents and the employees that would chase you off if the boss was around or ignore you if he wasn't.

Nearly every kid i knew had a train spotters book and if news got out that a certain train was due through then the bridge over the track would be rife with kids and other anoraks waiting to catch a glimpse and cross the number off in the book.

Sid, here's a couple of pictures to bring memories flooding back. Not my photos I hasten to add. Among many locos on shed that day - 8F 48268 and Jubilee's - 45731 Perseverance and 45630 Swaziland. The shed closed 2nd Oct. 1967.

Credit for two excellent and atmospheric photos to the owner Terry Tracey, taken 18th Sept. 1966.

The bottom picture is the finest shot of Dallam Shed I have ever seen.

DallamShed45737PERSEVERANCE1221019613543

DallamShedgeneralview221019613543WATERWA

• Upvote 1