End of the World?

observer

Seems both Moslems and Christians believe the end of the world will start in Syria (or Shama to muslims). Islamists appear to believe that the prophet Jesus will descend on the wings of angels at a place just east of Damascus, and will then proceed to battle with the anti-Christ !  With nonsense like that doing the rounds, it's no wonder, as David Attenborough now says - humanity has ceased to evolve !

Seems Germany has offered to take 5,000 of the two million or so refugees; so get ready for Dave's offer.  This new influx of Sunnis can then kick off with any Shias we've already got, or even start on the Christians!  Perhaps we're really witnessing the end of the world - at least as we knew it.

• 3 weeks later...

Observer, you are such an optimist.  It's either this or an asteroid.  As for Jesus, the Christians know He's landing at the Mount of Olives outside Jerusalem.  The fake Muslim Jesus is the one who'll pop up in Damascus.  Along with some chap called the Mahdi, if the Shi'ites are to be believed.  

What in the name of the Emperors are you talking about?  And how could you put a landing strip on the Mount of Olives?  LOL  (Somebody out there doesn't know the geography of Jerusalem!)  If you must know, the Mount of Olives will split into two in an earthquake and Jerusalem will get a lot higher... funny, the Mount of Olives does have a geological fault under it, and Jerusalem has been known to suffer earth tremors from time to time.  

I got where I am on a London bus.  Then I walked over a foot bridge, walked down the street, walked up the steps, got my key out of my pocket, turned the key in the lock, turned the key in the other lock, closed the doors, walked upstairs, went to the loo, came out of the loo, went into my bedroom, opened the laptop, signed into the internet, surfed about, went on facebook, hit the like button for a place in Warrington you don't like or understand, especially understand, then thought, oh dear, must go back to WW.  Signed in, went to the thread I suspected would be there, came in here, had a bit of a laugh.  Replied.  

Heavenly clouds now, I am flying from Belfast back to London next week, with me heading home from London tomorrow.  No heavenly clouds though tomorrow, as I am going the long way due to luggage issues.  Does that answer your question or do you need a webcam following my movements to help you?  Do you want a heavenly cloud?  Is there one for sale?  Try Ebay.