Poverty = Low IQ !

observer

yes, most scientists cannot find a link between two ends of a chain.

IQ test tend to test how well you do at taking tests.

Always remember taking one of those mensa tests along with a scientist who was my boss at the time. He was most put out when he found I scored at least twenty points higher than him and was rated in the top 5%. not bad for a bewsey lad 8)

• Upvote 1

I've always said exam results & mega qualification don't necessarily make someone intelligent....they just mean they can absorb & remember what they have been taught. How many times though have we heard of  wealth creators & entrepreneurs  coming from poor backgrounds but having an ability to see opportunity.

Few and far between Dave, that's why our social structure is pyramid shaped, the base is always larger than the top. It's possible imo, that if poor kids were transposed into a public school environment, they would be changed completely and so too their prospects.

I don't think  the toffs of our society would be too pleased to let their offsprings places at public schools be usurped by working class kids Obs....unless you are thinking along the lines of public school standard education  available to the masses. But  the connections that social class provides would still only be available to the upper classes.