Cost of clean energy?

CO2, in the atmosphere removes the ozone layer, so more harmful light will get though(UVA)

UVA also contributes to skin cancer.

The more of the ozone layer that disappears the higher the risk.?

Global warming wheather coursed by man or just being a natural phenomena, will lead to more UV radiation, which is a course of skin cancer. Not trying to open an already spent thread :wink:

I was just pointing out that Obs seams very concerned about lung cancer, but not skin cancer

IMO CO2 is just as dangerous to health as the old chestnut passive smoking ,the only difference being that CO2 is everywhere but smoking can be avoided.I should imagine the government will be pretty miffed about losing all their smoking taxes if it is really radon that is causing lung cancer in parts of the country.

You've always got to take the discussion OTT Kije: I mentiomed the radon gas, merely to highlight the dangerous nature of radiation: and right on cue we get a news report of fish caught of west coast USA carrying traces of the Fukashima incident. Think you'll find it's CFCs that create holes in the ozone layer and UVF from the Sun that causes the skin cancer - don't think we'll be getting rid of the Sun though! :wink:

Can't get rid of the sun, just think of all those page three girls that will be out of a job :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:

The thing is everything is radioactive to some degree. It is the type of radiation, the amount of exposure and length of time of exposure that causes the problems.

The ozone layer is not disappearing. Global warming has long been proved to be a load of baloney (natural variation), and the latest studies from Japan show that the only people at increased risk of getting cancer (and don't forget that most of us will get some form of cancer in our lifetimes) due to the Fukushima incident are about 167 workers who were directly exposed to radiation at the reactors. There is a lot of unnecessary scaremongering going on here :wink: :wink:

There's loads of it out there if you bothered to look, instead of just swallowing wholesale the propoganda of the WWF, IPCC Greenpeace and most of the MSM (most notably the BBC which can't let any event pass by without throwing global boring or climate change into the mix). Try reading "Watermelons" by James Delingpole, or "The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken For The World's Leading Climate Expert" by Donna Laframboise.

As for the radioactive fish,here's an article which puts them into perspective:

Tuna :wink: :wink: :wink:

There's a load of scaremongering going on because it raises money for the scaremongers. :D :grin:

With you there Asperity. Anyway what's the point of worrying? There are but two certainties in life. The first is that we are all born into this life. The second is that sooner or later we are all going to die.

Enjoy yourself it's later than you think. Enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink. Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, it's later than you think! :lol:

Sorry, asp, perhaps I should have specified "credible" evidence.

James Delingpole - degree subject: English

Donna Laframboise - degree subject: Women's Studies

I'd prefer to trusts scientists' opinions in matters of science, as suggested here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/science-reporting-climate-change-sceptics

And please, spare me your patronising accusations of propaganda when things like this are happening:

...the decision by the United States supreme court to overrule the law that allowed the federal government to place limits on independent spending for political purposes by business corporations.

"That has opened the gates for corporations – often those associated with coal and oil industries – to flood the market with adverts that support rightwing politicians and which attack government bodies that impose environmental regulations that these companies don't like," she said. "The science that supports these regulations is attacked as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/feb/19/science-scepticism-usdomesticpolicy

If you don't care what kind of environmental legacy you leave for your kids and grandkids, that's up to you, but some of us may feel a greater sense of responsibility.

There was a whole in the ozone layer a few years ago Asp,C02 has long been known to be a green house gas, And what make the books you read right, nothing other than you choice to believe, your view on global warming is a minority view and getting more so every day. Global warming has long been a fact.

Most Governments, are now in agreement about global warming Peter, Are you saying it all a conspiracy ???

That is one hell of a conspiracy, to get that many governments on board, hell if they can work that closely on a conspiracy to pull the wool over their populations eyes, just think what they could do if they worked for real over World hunger :shock:

Most Governments, are now in agreement about global warming Peter, Are you saying it all a conspiracy ???

That is one hell of a conspiracy, to get that many governments on board, hell if they can work that closely on a conspiracy to pull the wool over their populations eyes, just think what they could do if they worked for real over World hunger :shock:

I thought that the Government didn't want to know until the EU told them to do something about the carbon print. Then they realised that it was a money spinner.

It could only happen in the UK. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's very strange that there is loads of money to be made by convincing the gullible that the only way to save the planet is by giving government more of our money so that they can waste it on vanity projects like the EU and windfarms.

Fugtifino - Grauniad creditable? Don't make me laugh. They are no more creditable than their bedmate Auntie Beeb :roll: :roll: :roll:

Incidentally Fugs, I don't suppose you bothered reading either of those books did you? No, because they don't meet with your fixed view of the world. And don't give me any of that "saving the planet for the children" claptrap. More propaganda to woo the gullible :wink: :wink: :wink: The planet is big enough to look after itself thanks very much.

Obs and Lt Kije, there has always been a hole in the ozone layer which varies in size with the seasons. The scientists who "discovered" it didn't give themselves time to realise this. :wink: :wink: