Westbrook/Asda traffic lights

disgusted

Baz: quite simple really: the winner requires 51% of those that actually vote (even less with more than two candidates). :roll: Once they've committed the info to data; on election day it's just a matter of (GOTV) Getting Out The Vote - totally cold and clinical I know; but with low turnouts and an inability for most folk to switch from the three main parties - most results can now be predicted. :roll:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BazJ:

Paul,

in true political style you ignored the question I asked and concentrated on something you thought would gain the most votes!!

Why don't canvassars knock on doors anymore??

You are wrong Baz

I gave a direct answer in the first line, and here it is again:

"Scared of hearing what they don't want to hear".

An apology due from you I think Baz. :wink:

PS Nothing to do with getting votes at all Baz...I don't do "cynical" on this Forum I just do banter and facts :wink:

Back to the issue:

I dont suppose anyone has noticed that the maion diversion route for the roundabout roadworks in Sankey is right through this set of lights? :o:o

I suspect that it will be even worse with Easter and Gullivers re-opening.

The Councillor who says there is no chaos might well be best served visiting during this period.

Originally posted by Adrian:

Back to the issue:

I dont suppose anyone has noticed that the maion diversion route for the roundabout roadworks in Sankey is right through this set of lights? :o:o

I suspect that it will be even worse with Easter and Gullivers re-opening.

The Councillor who says there is no chaos might well be best served visiting during this period.

I doubt he'll give two hoots, I wrote to him on Tuesday, and no reply. Linked this thread as well.

I note the first post on this matter was 9 months ago. How much longer will they need to make a decision especially with another summer of unaccounted Gullivers World traffic to cope with.

I am still waiting on a reply to the email I sent Councillor Chaos on the 4th of March. I don;t hold out much hope.

:sleeping:

Not really followed this entire thread but since the new lights I've not bothered to go to Asda at Westbrook at weekends. I now go to Birchwood instead as although it's slightly futher away for me it is quicker to get to.

Weekends used to be a trip to Asda (via M&S and Ikea of course....ok so food shopping was my excuse :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed temporary CCTV has gone up on this junction - all they seem to do is moniotr this.

Also read that Omega is about to start. Did they take that into account when they rippedout the roundabout. Some of this will go through this junction although most should hit the motorway at junction 8 which i understand is already at capacity.

ANPR cameras which i'm sure help this....not. So why spend money on this then and not on improving the roads.

Originally posted by BazJ:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Probably wise Peter...seems it is an area best avoided.

I used to think that about Appleton.... far too stuck up and posh for my liking!! :D
Think you misunderstood my comment BazJ, I was saying avoid it because of the lights problem not the area/people in general. :wink:

I note the first post on this matter was 9 months ago. How much longer will they need to make a decision especially with another summer of unaccounted Gullivers World traffic to cope with.

I am still waiting on a reply to the email I sent Councillor Chaos on the 4th of March. I don;t hold out much hope.

:sleeping:

Well as councillor Chaos has still not replied, i hope the voters in his ward have as much issue with him as I have. Shame he's not standing for the Westbrook/Callands area!