Sunday trip out to Liverpool Docks Etc.

algy

A few photos I took while visiting Liverpool Docks & Little Crosby this afternoon, thought I had better place them here as strictly speaking they are nothing to do with Warrington. :wink:

P1000337.jpg

RFA Fort George awating her fate, sell on or scrap.

P1000341.jpg

I hope she does not add to this pile on the dockside.

P1000342.jpg

Clipper Pennant awaiting her load of lorries to embark.

The following are of kites being flown, amazing one guy was flying the snake kite while doing aerobatics (or kiteobatics) with the other two small ones.

P1000343.jpg

P1000346.jpg

P1000347.jpg

P1000348.jpg

P1000349.jpg

Lovely photos Algy and the kite ones are superb.

Down side though as I had never heard of RFA Fort George me being me decided to see what it had done in it's lifetime prior to awaiting scrappage or resale.

How I wish I hadn't looked now :evil:

I quote.............

The Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessel Fort George has sailed from Plymouth on her final voyage before retirement. (22 February 2011)

She is being taken out of service because of defence cuts. The vessel, which was launched in 1991 and entered service in 1994, was given a refit costing eighteen million pounds two years ago.

What a bloody waste and here's hoping some other country doesn't buy it and all the others that are being taken out of service because of cost cutting and use them against us in years to come.

Rant over...sorry.... night night :?

That's two topics now when people mention 'when' we go. :?

Is it only me that reads the news cos three of our Navy ships are already there. Well two really as one has just replaced the other but the latest is a destroyer and is on standby :?:shock:

Here we go again :roll: It all started out with a pleasant and enjoyable afternoon out, we arrive home, I post a few photos to share my pleasant experience, then the kids start squabbling and we finish up with Libya, fuel, who drives what, who sends who and who goes to war, sometimes I really wonder whether it's worth it. :roll:

One of these days,when I am not too busy, and have nothing better to do, I am going to troll through the last month or so's posts just to see how many stayed on subject and how many wandered off into the distance to disappear in a fog of confusion and innuendo. :wink:

Here we go again :roll: It all started out with a pleasant and enjoyable afternoon out, we arrive home, I post a few photos to share my pleasant experience, then the kids start squabbling and we finish up with Libya, fuel, who drives what, who sends who and who goes to war, sometimes I really wonder whether it's worth it. :roll:

Some of us appreciate your efforts Algy. Ignore the peasants for they no not what they do.

Well what can I say Algy other than 'I'm sorry' :oops: I guess I started all that and spoilt your topic.

That's what happens when you post a photo of another navy ship that is being scrapped though... quess it touched one of my little nerves 8)