Petrol prices

Dizzy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess re Obs' past job is.....

That he worked with children (as he doesn't like them) or maybe delinquents or the less able/educated or even work-shy people of some sort.

I presume he wore a smart suit and rarely got his hands dirty and I suspect he had no need to travel further than the coffee machine.

I also recon he worked alone a lot of the time or people ignored him, hence his present state of mind and grumpiness :lol:

Kije, I'm not "preaching" to anyone; IF someone is desperate for promotion or even a job, and is prepared to add more than an hour's travelling time to their daily slog, or pay ?1,000s a year in fuel or rail fares, that's their buisiness. It's just something I find alien in the context of the work-life balance equation, and illogical and inefficient in the broader socio-economic context. :roll:

But you're ignoring the fact that a commute of 25 miles or so to another town entirely (call it 40 mins max) is usually QUICKER than the local commute into Warrington - which is what you are advocating with your initial rant against people who travel in from other towns and out to other towns to work.

Cheaper too.

Probably use no more fuel than would be used sat in the Bridge Foot jams - plus paying WBC's extortionate rates for parking. Certainly use less than the cost of a return bus ticket - even if there actually were any buses at usable times.

Have to agree there .

How do people who live and work in Warrington cope unless they cycle or walk of course. Last time I came home from Penketh way on a bus it took 2 busses, well over an hour and cost over ?3 one way :shock:

5 minutes in my car daytime (with no traffic jams that is) peak time or if there's been an accident can take forever though :cry:

Probably a lot easier to work outside the town.. and there are enough motorway junctions to make it possible to avoid the town centre alltogether.

Your forgetting the fact, that commutes involve getting out of one Town then trying to get into another; assuming the M/ways are relatively free - try viewing the A49 (Winick Rd) in the peak hour. btw - I have no axe to grind either way, fortunately I don't have to go through this ritual - so my comments are merely an objective opinion based on an observation of a lemming like reality. :wink:

Anyone who has crossed the Widnes bridge at rush hour couldn't fail to come to the conclusion that everyone North of the river works in the South and vice versa. :roll:

Never been any different, the nearest river crossing west of the Mersey, Widnes west bank are the tunnel's :roll:

Wolfie, geography was always a bit of a mystery to me as I could never understand which way the subject was going?

i think you were going west from West Bank algy. :wink:

By the way did you now that Susi means Wolf in the Finnish language

I had no idea, being rubbish at Geography. BTW is algy the plural of algea :wink: