Does anyone know what the new council structure will be?

Paul, I noticed in the News report on the Lymm yellow lines a comment from the Network Management Manager, is there any chance of finding out what the Network is, and how many people she is managing or mismanaging as the case may be?

Karen Kellett, about 25 staff (some vacancies) plus 37 school crossing patrols. "Traffic Wardens" are now contracted out. Just looking at the October 2008 structure I note all positions in the Network Co-ordination Dept. are vacant. :shock:

In fairness there are some very good people within Sustainable Transportation Service, of which Karen Kellett's division is part of.

The Departments that make up the division are:

Traffic & Parking, Accident Investigation & Road Safety, Network Co-ordination ( as mentioned above) and UTMC which is basically the traffic light system....I think.

I work for the Council and we've been briefed in a consultation style fashion ........... :roll: As Paul say's, nothing sorted yet. I've been on hols from work this last week, there may be more news sitting in my emails......

What's frightening many is a lot of departments don't "appear" to be on the new structure and emails have been sent out to so say reassure as rumours have flown round offices, some are really worried, we've been told we are all included, some teams will get different names etc , or move to another area or join and existing department etc, but there are some departments that some have wanted to get rid of for ages and this is a good opportunity and those who work for such departments are not daft.

We've yet to be advised of the outcome of our job evaluation, it's all very un nerving and unsettling particularly as our Strategic Director, Helen Sumner leaves at the end of the month, who'll fight for us???? There are so many leaving, more than some realise.

My post is in limbo as it is due to new legislation being introduced and being the Council it tends to be reactive where as I'd prefer and do try to push for pro active but am banging head again wall.

I fear that WBC is ill prepared for it's hoped changes, certainly from where I'm sitting.

I work for the Council and we've been briefed in a consultation style fashion ........... :roll:

WBC is ill prepared for it's hoped changes, .

Nothing new there then. I doubt that they have the necessary expertise to be progressive.

It means thinking outside of the box. :wink:

Surely time for everyone in the public sector to have a pay cut imposed on them? Maybe a 10% one for starters which is approximately about what the Jaguar workers are having to adopt.

I would also stick a 10% reduction in all benefits on to that as well.... why should the private sector have to shoulder all of the burden?

I work for the Council and we've been briefed in a consultation style fashion ........... :roll:

WBC is ill prepared for it's hoped changes, .

Nothing new there then. I doubt that they have the necessary expertise to be progressive.

It means thinking outside of the box. :wink:

Reactive seems to be the way, not proactive, it's most frustrating and dishearting after years of it to be honest :roll:

With a ?15million defcit and wages accounting for over 70% of costs .......:roll::wink:

Sounds like time to call in the administrators or bailiffs :lol::shock:

Can a council be declared bancrupt :wink:

Didn't Hatton and his mob of "Old Labourites" manage it Dismayed??

Got no idea PJ...

..... it was just a though that occurred to me as I read about all the people with relitively small debts having their small overdraft limits frozen or removed, being charged extortionate bank fees, not being able to borrow money, losing their jobs, losing their homes, facing having their belongings removed by bailiffs and going bankrupt etc etc.

Doesn't seem fair somehow that councils seem immune to their 'ever increasing' HUGE debts and no questions are ever asked :?

Surely time for everyone in the public sector to have a pay cut imposed on them? Maybe a 10% one for starters which is approximately about what the Jaguar workers are having to adopt.

I would also stick a 10% reduction in all benefits on to that as well.... why should the private sector have to shoulder all of the burden?

But the private sector don't have a pay limit imposed when the good times are about.

Play fair Baz. :wink:

Don't know about anyone else, but nobody in our private sector company has managed to get a pay rise in the past 3 or 4 years. Those were supposedly the good times, when the business was hitting most if not all of it's targets, but we were still told there was no money for payrises.

I'd gladly swap that for a small but guaranteed payrise every year with a final salary pension at the end of it.

We do have some agency staff and you know why? Because we can't recruit :roll:

Tilly, I'm interested.

Is that can't recruit as in, recruitment freeze/haven't got the budget to fill a vacancy - or is it can't recruit as in, can't get anyone to apply for the job?

Hard to tell, hard to recruit in some departments, low unemployment in Warrington, change in organisational culture which is best addressed at point of recruitment and selection, we're looking for a new breed of staff and we dont pay enough or are don't have a good enough reputation or pay well enough to attract the calibre of staff we want? I know some posts aren't filled when someone leaves, the responsibilities are shared out and if it works which it usually the vacancy is no more.