public safety issue it regards unplated taxi & Ph vehi

tara_dad

would you be happy with unplated taxi & Ph  

20 members have voted

1. 1. would you be happy with unplated taxi & Ph

• yes
    • no

here are some letter i have sent out on the matter which is a public safty issuse ste and can not be taken off.

below are the copys of the letter that have gone out to number of people in warrington for a reply

From

S Peacock

Dear Taxi & Private licensing Office

Please can you give me some information and facts on a community safety problem please?

I would like to know the following pleases ASP So I can publicize the facts as this is a public safety topic it pertain to the Pink ladies based in Warrington. I would like to know the following:

1) Are Pink ladies a Taxi or Private Hire! (As there is no other by law only a chauffer or limousine?)

2) Are the Pink ladies vehicles inspected in any way by the Councils Taxi & Private Hire licensing office? As to checking the M.O.T credibility? But mainly that the insurance is verified and they have public liability insurance for all the vehicles. As you know the public?s protection is paramount. It is the Councils reasonability and obligation to check as part of the public safety that is stated in section. (Department of Transport by way of the Road Safety Act 2006).

3) And why are the vehicles themselves not plated by the Council as declared by law. Are all the Pink ladies vehicles double-checked in line with its prices on fares and drivers C.R.B verified? Also disability access confirmed within the regulation set out by the Council or the Taxi & Private Hire licensing office as stated by law in section 53 of The Road Safety Act 2006. This will repeal section 75(1)(B) of The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, and open to spot inspection as part of safe guarding the general public?

4) Are Pink ladies using an operator?s licence that has to be issued by the Council and the Taxi & Private Hire licensing office by law?

5) Are the Pink ladies at this time working on any Council?s or Social Service s contract which is transporting people around in there vehicles? 02/06/2008. If they are not plated and licensed would this be an infringement of the law and the councils would be doing it. If so open to court prosecution. But most of all the councils them selves would be placing the public and passengers protection in jeopardy if this was confirmed in anyway.

6) Do you think that it?s right to charge the Private Hire and Taxis drivers a lot of money a year in some case up to ?1.000. So they can be licensed to work, so they can make a living? If others are not licensed and do not have to pay why have a licence. But most of all un-plated and unlicensed vehicles are not open to Council or Police checks. So could the public be in danger using these unlicensed vehicles and should be warned by the Council and Police right now as a matter of fact.

7) Can any driver lets say with a car in Warrington use it to take members of the general public around picking up and dropping off and with out being licensed by the councils. If not what is the difference to what the Pink ladies are doing. ?Can you tell me in order of public safety first??

8) What are now the views of the Council & Private Hire & Taxi licensing office whom have in the past prosecuted members of the general public whom have taken lets say ?old people or a disabled person from there homes and taken them to places like a community centre for a dinners or a groups meeting, a get together or helped to take them shopping just out of the kindness of their heart. Only to be told by the Council, Police, Taxi& PH licensing office that they are breaking the law. and in some case have had fines placed upon them and even received a criminal record. So if Pink ladies do not have to be licensed would the councils be willing to compensate all those whom they have stopped or taken legal action against and fined in the passed and in some case have not even charged for helping out the disabled or the elderly because they were not licensed. As some of the past cases are waiting on what your action is.

9) What are the Council?s views on the Pink ladies using the words Private Hire Only on the Vehicles doors that are not plated? Is this not breaking the law and what action will the Taxi and Private Hire licensing office be taking.

10) As before if the Pink Ladies are not plated or Council licensed. What action is the Council or the Taxi & Private Hire Licensing Office taking to assure the public that they are safe and most of all checked

11) What legal or court action is the Council or the Taxi & Private Hire Licensing Office taking to stop this in the name of public interest of safety to the people of Warrington .

As the above involves the safety of the people from Warrington would you be willing to do an interview with my self and Warrington world wide. As this will be posted on Warrington world wide forum and sent to number of known councillors to ask them to also help to follow up to all the above. And all replies and fact and information will be going on public record as this matter involves public safety and the way the Taxi and Private Hire Licensing Office conduct matters and its time take on the above. I will be involving the Taxi and Private Hire union in Warrington i.e. One Voice and the Warrington Taxi association The topic may involve the national press. As there are a number of public safety questions that need answering that make it a big public safety issue in Warrington. And the public have the right to have the questions answered by there Local Council, Councillors, and Taxi Licensing Office. The Chief of Police, the Police Highways Inspectors,

I would like to make it clear that I am not against the concept of the Pink ladies only they should work within the Council licensing laws and be plated and pay like the rest of the hard working and esteemed Taxi and Private Hire drivers in Warrington. That is all one rule for all. I will wait for your replies thank you for taking you on the above matter hope to hear from you very soon

Thank you

S Peacock

Copies of this letter supplied to

pbarnes@warrington.gov.uk

mhannon@warrington.gov.uk

dearl@warrington.gov.uk

ste.peacock@yahoo.com

Warrington worldwide forum

Dear Chief Inspector or Police Authorised Body

Place can you give me some information and facts on a public safety issues please

I would like to know the following please ASP so I can report the facts as this is a public safety issue. It regards un-plated and unlicensed vehicles that are masquerading as Taxi & Private Hire in Warrington. I would like to know the following on where Cheshire Police stand on this matter and what would your actions in law be. As this matter will applies to the public safety. All replies will be made public and posted on the Warrington World Wide forum.

1) If a vehicle is not plated by the Council as a Taxi or Private Hire and are charging the general public, by what ever means cash, direct debit or credit card. Are they breaking any laws?

2) And if the vehicle is not council plated or licensed it can not be insured as a Taxi or Private Hire by law. So any member of the public in the vehicle will not be covered by the vehicle insurance if involved in an accident or a victim of a criminal act is the vehicle owners breaking any laws.

3) Without spot checks how can the Police tell if a Taxi or Private Hire vehicle has public liability insurance?

4) Do Cheshire Police in Warrington have the power to stop a Taxi or Private Hire without probable cause to check that the paper work is all ok and up to date?

5) Who is responsible to check that Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle are working within the law? Do you check that un-plated vehicles are not working? As the law says un-plated Vehicles are breaking government law is this Council or Police that have the powers to act?

6) Is it the polices job to check unlicensed vehicles.

7) What are the Cheshire Police views in Warrington to give the general public about getting in unlicensed vehicles no matter what they called themselves? And what would you advise the public to do.

8) If a member of the general public lets say, was taking an old lady or disabled person to a community centre are they breaking any laws or is this a council law with a private prosecution or is it criminal law?

9) If un-plated vehicles are operating in Warrington is it Cheshire Police job to warn the general public about the dangers of getting into unlicensed vehicles.

Thank you for your time on the above matter and your help could I call on you again if more information is needed on this matter on public safety on where the Cheshire Police in Warrington views count

Thank you

S peacock copies to the following

ste.peacock@yaho.com

Warrington world wide forum

Dear Warrington Taxi Drivers Association

Please can you be of assistance I need some information bring together so I can take ?any? action to enlighten the general people of Warrington on a safety subject. It concerns the trading and running of the Pink Ladies Vehicles who are conducting business in unplated and unlicensed vehicles in Warrington which could affect the safety of the public. Below are some questions I would like for the union to answer so the public can be better informed and with your support I can bring this about.

1) What are the differences between a Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle?

2) Can a Taxi or Private Hire or any other name operate and work in Warrington with-out a Council Plate or Licence if not who is responsible to make sure this does not happen.

3) When taking a fare does it matter on how you require payment to be a taxi or Private hire i.e. if you take payment by direct debit or credit card do you stop becoming a Taxi or Private Hire.

4) Taxi and Private Hire Drivers have to pay a lot of money just to work in licensing fees. In Vehicle MOT & Public Safety Test fees. As well as public liability insurance. As well as C.R.B (criminal record check frees). And licence fees a year and sometime medical fees. If drivers do not have just one of the above done or paid in the year what would happen to the drivers and the vehicle.

5) How much will a Taxi or Private Hire driver pay out in yearly charges?

6) Taxi and Private Hire vehicles have to have a vehicle examination 2 times a year by the Council at the M.O.T station at the Council?s bus depot. Why is this?

7) If the Vehicle fails the above what happens?

8) The councils M.O.T test is not like a standard M.O.T is it. Can you tell me why?

9) On a Taxi or Private hire vehicle a safety problem that would qualify a normal M.O.T but would not pass the Councils or Department of Public Safety. What would transpire to that Vehicle?

10) If a member of the public has a complaint about any drivers they can contact the Council?s Taxi and Private Hire Licensing office. But can you tell me where the public can complain about an unlicensed and un-plated Driver?

11) Drivers are open to Vehicle inspection by the Council, Police, Customs, D.H.S.S, at any time day or night. Why is this?

12) Are un-plated and unlicensed Vehicles and operator open to the above stipulations?

13) Taxi and Private Hire have to have a particular insurance. Can you only have that if you?re a Taxi or Private Hire can you call yourself any thing other than A Taxi or Private Hire to get this?

14) Would the taxi union recommend to the general public in Warrington to use any un-plated and unlicensed Vehicles not mater what they call themselves.

15) If anyone is taking a member of the public from A to B and getting recompense. Are they breaking any regulation if they are not licensed or plated?

16) Whose responsibility is to Police this and make sure it?s not happening in the interest of the community?s safety?

17) As you know Pink ladies are operating and working in Warrington and to date not plated or licensed do you have any observations to assure the general population that using the Pink ladies is a safe way to travel around Warrington. Or would you stand with the Governments statement that un-plated or unlicensed vehicles are not safe.

18) What are the Warrington Taxi union?s plans if vehicles do not have to be plated or licensed? What are the views of the Warrington Taxi association that Pink ladies do not have to be plated, pay any fees, or have any vehicle inspections. But there member?s drivers have to.

Thank you for taking the time on all the above subject matter. I will be using your response from Warrington Taxi Association and this correspondence to you will be posted on Warrington world wide forum as matter of concerns to the safety of the general public. The information which you can supply and will demonstrate Warrington taxi association is working in the public?s best interest to inform the public in Warrington. Would it also be ok to call on you again if more information is need? This correspondence will also be provided to the Private Hire union as well for their comment

Thank you

S Peacock

Copies of this letter supplied to

WTDA

ste.peacock@yahoo.com

One Voice

Dear one voice

Please can you be of assistance I need some information that needs bring together so I can take ?any? action to enlighten the general people of Warrington on a safety subject. It concerns the trading and running of the Pink Ladies Vehicles who are conducting business in un-plated and unlicensed vehicles in Warrington which could affect the safety of the public. Below are some questions I would like for your union to answer so the public can be better informed and with your support I can bring about this.

1) What are the differences between a Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle?

2) Can Private Hire be called a members club and have no plates on there vehicle and not be licence by Warrington council would all Private Hire get away with doing this in Warrington.

3) Are Pink ladies Vehicles allowed to have signage on the door as to say ?Private Hire only?? What would be your views on this happening and what impression would you say it give the general public.

4) If not whose job is it to police this?

5) Can you tell the public why Private Hire vehicles have to be plated and licensed?

6) Can Pink ladies use the Private Hire and Taxi lane s around Warrington if not can you explain why?

7) Can the Private Hire sector assure people that the vehicles they get into that are un-plated or unlicensed no matter what they call themselves? Are safe?

8) Private Hire and Taxi Drivers are open to Vehicle inspection by the Council, Police, Customs, D.H.S.S, at any time day or night. Why is this?

9) What would happen if you did not comply with any of the above?

10) Taxi and Private Hire have a particular insurance. Can you call yourself any thing other than A Taxi or Private Hire to get this?

11) Taxi and Private Hire vehicle have to have vehicle examinations two times a year by the Council at the M.O.T station at the Council?s bus depot. Why is this?

12) If a Taxi or Private Hire vehicle has a safety problem that would normally qualify the standard M.O.T. but would not pass the Councils or Department of Public Safety test. What would transpire to that Vehicle?

13) If anyone is taking a member of the public from A to B and getting recompense. Are they breaking any regulation if they are not licensed or plated?

14) As you know Pink ladies are operating and working about in Warrington and at this time not plated or licensed. Do you have any observations to assure the general population that using the Pink ladies is safe way to travel around Warrington? Or would you stand with the Governments statement that un-plated or unlicensed vehicles are not safe.

15) What are Warrington?s one voice plans if vehicles do not have to be plated or licensed? What are your views that Pink ladies do not have to be plated, pay any fees, or have any vehicle inspections. But all your union member?s drivers have too to comply with government legislation.

Thank you for taking the time on all the above subject matter I will be using your response from Warrington One Voice with this correspondence which will be posted on Warrington world wide forum as matter of concerns to the safety of the general public and the information which you can supply and will demonstrate that Warrington One Voice is working in the publics best interest to inform the public in Warrington. Would it also be ok to call on you again if more information is need? This correspondence will also be provided to the Warrington Taxi union as well for their comment

Thank you

S Peacock

Copies to

One Voice

WTDA

ste.peacock@yahoo.com

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you help I would like to hear from any One who have taken any members of the public that in the past and that the Council or the police have stopped you by saying that you have to be licensed Taxi or Private Hire driver?

Have you taken any old person to a community centre to be told you can not because you?re not insured by the police or Council which they have stopped you?

Have you taken a disabled person to the supermarket as well and the Council reported you to the police and action has been taken against you.

As the Council or the Taxi and Private Hire office threaten to take you to court for taking members of the public because you have just been helping them out.

Have you been reported to the police by the Council to where you have had a Caution, Fine, or ended up with a record?

If you?re reading this in a Taxi or Private Hire Vehicle you can log onto www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk and click on the forum

We need to hear from you as we are looking into court action for compensation?

You do not have to post on this forum you can send me an email at ste.peacock@yaho.com

posted by mistake, it was meant to be a PM.

This seems to be an on going saga - The council are unable to comment due to legal proceedings - Paul if you could up date me (privately if required) from the members side I would appreciate knowing if and when this issue is eventually going to be resolved one way or another.

tara_dad, I don't want to sound critical or disparaging, but if those are true copies of letters you have sent I feel you may have done your case more harm than good. Most people will have got as far as the end of your opening sentence before giving up. Perhaps it would be better to get someone else to put your thoughts down on paper for you as you seem to be writing things down as they occur to you rather than sorting them into some semblance of order first. As it is you just come across as rambling. I've got no opinion either way so please don't think I'm having a dig at you or your convictions. You obviously feel very strongly about this subject but you really need to compose your arguments into a readable form. :wink::wink:

Do not worry your heads about what I have put out or how I have done it or the way I have compose the letter. It?s not the letter that as gone out it is the first draft it?s not for you to reply that all. It is for them to reply???? not you???. That?s all I have to say on the matter. So why are you jumping on the ban wagon. No one needs to reply to this only them whom have received the mail at this stage or that you are a councillor in the matter or can help. So please try keep you comments short please or start a new topic if you like to comment.

Paul Kennedy.......... I would be most grateful if you could help in any way and I am sure that the taxi and Ph drivers would as well as in the passed the taxi and Ph drivers are getting nothing from this council. And I am sure it could benefit the conservatives here. as no labour councillors have been willing to help in the pass and that on record

recived to day

and may I say thanks for is fast Response to Chief Inspector Jon Ward

Dear Mr Peacock

Thank you for your email which has been forwarded to me from the Police

Authority

Licensing enforcement for private hire vehicles and taxis is controlled by

Warrington Borough Council and I have forwarded your email to them so that

they may respond direct.

If enforcement is used then the Borough Council would take the lead on that

issue but we are always happy to assist in any planned initiatives

Regards

Jon Ward

Chief Inspector

Northern Area Command Team

• 2 weeks later...

To: ste.peacock@yahoo.co.uk

Sent: Monday, 23 June, 2008 12:58:48 PM

Subject: Taxi license

Ste,

Regarding your e-mail enquiry below,

This is not a police matter and the person that you need to speak to is the (Taxi Licensing officer) at Warrington Borough Council, ask for a Mr Phil Barnes.

Regards

Lee Childs

CSD assistant

Warrington Police station.

from tara dad

thanks for your reply Lee Childs

:?::?:roll:

Paul... 'we as a forum' are not discussing any legal process which may/may not currently be happening.... Gary told us not too :P

TD informed all the recipients in his letters that their replies would be posted on the Warr WW Forum and elsewhere... so if they are happy to reply knowing that then what's the problem with us all reading them?

..... apart from the fact that the two replies so far put overall control of such issues in the hands of Warrington Borough Council :wink::roll:

So Paul you believe that a public safety issue as not is too talked about or information obtained? nice to know what your veiw are. As you?re on the matter. I received some information I would like to ask do you think that advertising Unlicensed taxi/ph to students on notes boards in collage? Do you think this is right as to what is going on at the moment?

I know that you could be reciving None cooperated remarks from the council or councillors as this subject as open peoples eyes to why nothing as been done by the council.

so i know why you have to back track as for the organisation its at the top public safty thats the topic.

its nice to show the public on how the council and councillors act in this matter not one as come forward and its on public safty as well rememer come election time. as they will come back and say "we can not talk about the case as its going to court "

but i am talking about "public safty" not a court case thats going on now . PUBLIC SAFTY

TD,

you will get no sense from any councillors on any matter which involves Pink ladies, traffic lights, allotments.... the list goes on.

The local councillors have only recently been elected for another 4 years and it is now time for them to put their feet up and ignore the will of the people for another 3 years or so.

The opposition in the mean time will continue to bicker about those in power at the Town Hall up until they get back into power; then they will do bugger all about what the people want.

That's local politics for you!

Unfortunately that's probably very true and as the certain issue that TD is trying to get to the bottom of (and that of course we are not allowed to mention) seems to be in the hands of the council I guess that's that then :?:roll::?

I trust I'm not included in your generalisaion Baz. :wink:

TD. Actually I'm against any individual or organisation that breaks the law, I expect them to be prosecuted, and during that legal process it is inappropriate because of sub judice to comment, because if you do it is contempt of court....which is an offence. Our system of law is such that unlawfulness or guilt is only established in a Court of Law, not by the personal belief of individuals, even though of course they might ultimately be right in their assumption. Innocent until proven guilty...and all that stuff :wink:

TD...

Probably best if you just coninue to post the replies as you receive them from the various officials you originally wrote to and we will not discuss it on here but will merely read and understand :wink:

The local councillors have only recently been elected for another 4 years and it is now time for them to put their feet up

Chance would be a fine thing, since being elected I estimate I'm doing well over 30 hours a week, and I've no problems with that and am really enjoying what I do, and indeed so do the people I represent. I do rather object to generalised statements of idleness.

and ignore the will of the people for another 3 years or so.

And what is the will of "the people", is it a unanimous will, or is it maybe those with the loudest voice or the most self opinionated. The reason I ask that, is that I have been involved with a survey, and whilst there is some agreement on some issues, there is wide disagreement on others, where actually you migh expect unanimoty.

Paul,

I think you would find in any survey conducted in the town that the vast majority of residents disgree with almost all of the planning decisions made by the council over the past 10 years or so. If you carried ou a survey in town tomorrow, do you really think that the majority of the people would be in favour of all the bars that have opened and been licensed in the town centre? How many would have been in favour of letting Mr Smiths continue to be a night club instread of a Theatre (something that we don't have in this town anymore) The trouble is that we only get the chance to crack the whip at you council bods every 4 years and that to me is too long especiall as most people see elected representitives as self serving and party line toers (if that is a word)

Personally I would like explanations as to why this council saw fit to run down a historic building like the old Boteler Grammar school at School Brow. Run down to such a degree that they could knock it down to provide an access road to a new housing estate. Who gained from that decision? The Council because of the additional Poll tax that the estate generates and of course the builder. What did the people get? ... well I can't swear on here but we got nothing from the deal except the loss of an historic building.

Case 2. Oh the old 17th century Villa opposite the Bay Horse on Winwick Street. "Accidentally" knocked down at a weekend when nothing could be done to stop it. Looks like the land may form part of a new develepoment.... nuff said

Case 3. The afformentioned Bay Horse. "Accidentally" knocked down at a weekend when nothing could be done to stop it.. (I can see a pattern developing here.... can you?) Listed building etc. The land here is to form part of the Winwick Street redevelopment... Hmmm could a builder get some benefit from not having an old pub in the way? or am I just being cynical?

Now sure these were old and run down looking buildings but that is no excuse to flatten them.

When I look at the above cases Paul, personally (and I don't know about anyone else) I think it stinks.

Now fast forward to todays decision not to let Urban Splash do their stuff to Bewsey Old Hall.... the proper outcome will be that the Council now restore the building to its former glory just like they spent countless millions "tastefully modernising" the Town hall a few years ago. They should apply for whatever lottery grants are left after the one legged black lesbian single parents association have had their cut and restore he place for the people of the town and indeed the region.

Bewsey Old Hall should be a centre piece for the Sankey Valley park; just like Walton hall is for the Walton gardens (they can even charge extortionate parking fees to park on the car park just like Walton!"!)

The more likely outcome is that the council will plead poverty, board the place up and wait for it to be burned down or fall down. That way it wouldn't cost anything.

As for generalised statements of idleness Paul, you are in politics and surely that is the perception you should get used to? What you want to do is get yourself on all of the committees like your predecessor and make it all worthwhile financially that way 30 hours a week and a few meetings a month for ?40,000.00 a year doesn't sound too bad does it?

I will end now because this post is in danger of ending up as long as one of goonermans!!