Rod's back on his hobby horse.

Bill

I've just been reading on WWW news pages that Rod King is back on his hobby horse again calling for even more speed reductions during this crisis.

We have less than half the number of cars on the road at the moment and people are only driving when it's absolutely necessary. People are already struggling to cope with the restrictions placed upon them, so measures like these will not be welcomed, and most likely they'll be ignored. Then there's the question of what do we do when traffic returns to normal; the roads get busier and more dangerous and Mr King will then be asking to increase the speed limit.  I think not.

Bill :)

Well he has to have some excuse to get back in the limelight.

He's probably after another award from the gov.

I would take him seriously if he advocated that ALL cyclist had to have what car drivers have to have before they venture out on the road. Tax,insurance,mot and most of all lights and a number plate.

That way they could be brought to book for speeding offences, failing to stop at lights and the like. (i have been passed many a time whilst doing twenty by cyclists).

6 hours ago, Confused52 said:

He is an opportunistic so and so and I have absolutely no time for him or his campaign based on faulty statistics.

What statistics? I know the pilot schemes showed no decrease in injuries so the decision to use them as the basis for a blanket 20 limit was baffling. But what has happened since they were introduced? I'd guess equally no impact otherwise we'd have been told. 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:19 PM, grey_man said:

What statistics? I know the pilot schemes showed no decrease in injuries so the decision to use them as the basis for a blanket 20 limit was baffling. But what has happened since they were introduced? I'd guess equally no impact otherwise we'd have been told. 

The decision to introduce the 20mph speed limit was taken on a few months trail but we are told it will take many years of data now to evaluate whether to introduce the 30mph limits

Manchester has refused to implement 20mph speed limits due to increase in accidents