British manufacturing

asperity

You really are tiresome Lt Kije. I am not in favour of BAE being sold off to anybody, especially to the EU. However you, by dint of your support of the European project, are in favour of it whatever you might claim to the contrary. As I said before you cannot have it both ways. Either you are in favour of the European project, which you obviously are, in which case you favour integration of ALL our institutions including defense manufacturing with Europe, or you want the UK to be separate from the EU. Don't try muddying the waters by implying I'm in favour of things that are not true. I am all for cutting the EUSSR adrift to fend for itself without our help.

Asp, stop trying to read between the lines especially when their is nothing to read, I have stated many times on here, that all strategic industries should stay in British hands, I think you will find the French do it very well . Any industry supplying are armed services should be British, probably like yourself I would prefer are tanks ect to be as far as possible to be made in the UK. :wink:

There are no lines to read between. It is the aim of the European project to create a single state in which all institutions come under one government. This is what you say you want and therefore you cannot, with any honesty, say that you want Britain to be, at the same time, separate from and a part of this state. Be consistent, either you want Britain in the European Union as a fully integrated member, or you want Britain to be separate from the the European Union with all the benefits this brings. The EU does not allow it's members to cherry pick the bits they like.

It may not be the STATED aim Lt Kije but it certainly is the true aim, and they certainly have you fooled. The ratchet is alive and well and slowly but surely dragging Britain along the road to becoming a small part of a large institution in which there will be no such thing as British strategic manufacturing. Bliar signed Britain's armed forces up to Europe years ago (RN ships fly the EU flag). What makes you think that our arms manufacturing will be safe from the EU's grasping claws?

A good read

At the heart of this policy is the 'Defence Package', designed to set out a modern policy and legislative framework to improve competitiveness, introduce greater transparency and cut unnecessary red tape.

Nowt wrong with that :wink:

Nothing about a Super State :wink:

Asp I would be equally unhappy if the yanks were trying to buy BAE :wink: , it needs to stay British :wink:

You carry on believing what you want to Lt Kije, but the reality is that the EU will keep on taking more and more of Britain's independence away until there is no more "Britain" as a nationality, only as a province of the European state. I'm sorry that you cannot see this, and I'm even sorrier that most of the Eurpean populace is being herded like sheep into this, expertly guided by the political elite who have nothing to gain from lying through their teeth to their electorates apart from influence, power, money, jobs for their offspring, more money, huge pensions, more power and money etc,etc,etc. So nothing for us plebs to worry about, nothing to see here, keep moving along there lest we have to taser you for your own protection.................

My eyes are wide open Asp, So what was so bad about the European Defence industry policy?

Or were you just posting the link out of hope that their would be something in it :wink:

Anyway I am glad we agree that BAE is better off staying British, as you know it doe not happen that often :wink:

If you had actually read and absorbed the policy you would realise that the intention is to combine all of the European defence manufacturers into one entity "to avoid duplication etc...". But you are so blinkered that you cannot visualise the EU as being anything but good, even though it has proven to be a disaster.

Competiveness? With whom? I suggest, it's competition with the USA, China, Russia etc; which (in the view of the Brussels beaurocrats) can only come about via a United States of Europe. This would be achieved through the Europeanisation of manufacturing, weapons systems and military forces and other institutions. The EU was born out of a desire (certainly on Ted Heath's part) to end European Wars' the problem is, it will take us in the direction of Wars between Continents - as predicted by Orwell in 1984. :(