British manufacturing

asperity

Foreign companies tend to invest in the UK, as their is little protection for UK employees, compared to most other western countries. It is easier to hire them and fire them or make them redundant . It is one of the ways the UK likes to bring jobs into the UK, by eroding even more employee rights :unsure:

Well, it seems Labour are offering an "in or out" referendum - no doubt, when the time is right! :wink:

What parties (any of them) offer when they are not in power is inconsequential as if they manage to become the ruling party in government they are more than likely to welsh on the deal than not!

And yes obs I did notice your smiley 'wink'. :wink:

I have always said Obs, strategic industries should be owned by the government or at least be a British Company, don't fancy importing things we need for defence.

What you are saying here is at odds with your belief in the EU project, can't you see that? This combining of our defence manufacturer with the EU defense manufacturer is all part of the greater project of the EU that has been the plan all along. It's called "the ratchet", combining all of the member states' institutions, but not in one go. Little by little has been the catchphrase for the project since the end of WW2 when the European State was first started. Eventually all our institutions will lose their independence and will become a small part of the greater institution that has been the dream of the Europhiles for more than 100 years. So you are either for the project or against losing our defence manufacturer, you cannot be both. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I object to any British company being sold to anyone outside of these shores. There will come a day when the people of the UK (or should that be England?) will be dancing to the foreigners tune just to get food and power to live. trust me, it will happen.

And obs, it is not ALL about the cost of labour, but largely to do with the greed of the bosses and the shareholders.

Funny how it all started racing downhill when British gas got the common man buying shares. the world has never been the same since.

Asp,

I have always said strategic industries, such as defence, coal and iron ect should remain in British hands, If we go to war asp, you might find yourself in a convoy protected by are non existent Aircraft Carriers, and old lend lease Destroyers from America, as we don't make are own :wink:

But YOU are the cheerleader for the European project, not me Lt Kije!! Take your blinkers off man and see where our glorious (sarcasm) leaders are taking us, little by little. Softly softly, catchee monkey. We will wake up one day and find that there is no longer anything British, we will be just insignificant contributers to the European tax gathering machine. <_< <_< <_<

You cannot have it both ways Lt Kije. Either you want to be a full European, which you apparently do, or you want an independent Britain. The European project does not allow for independent members, it's aim is a fully integrated state.

My opinion is well known to you and everyone else on here - get out of this corrupt, undemocratic and thoroughly dishonest construct as quickly as possible before any more damage is done.

I'm not in favour of it, but thanks to your glorious EU, there is nothing we can do to stop it. You are the flag bearer for the EU on here (The lone voice in the wilderness some would say) and as Asp says; you can't have it both ways. You are either in favour of a fully integrated European Union, integrated laws, rules and companies or you are against it. You can't cut the cloth to make two suits out of this one Kije!

You are so wrong in every way Lt Kije!! How you took any of my replies to mean I am in favour of BAE being foreign owned can only be guessed at. And as for there being any British owned strategic industry if, or when, the European project comes to it's catastrophic conclusion well only in your deluded imagination I'm afraid. Did any of the Soviet states have their own strategic industries? Do any of the staes of America? Dream on sunshine :wink: :wink: