Athletes?

observer

Errm nope Diz; if the Chinese hadn't faced each other until the final (assuming a knockout system); one of them would get the gold, the other the silver. Facing each other in the early rounds denies them that possibilty; which is probably the intent of the organisers. :roll:

I understand what you are saying Obs BUT that is still no excuse for what the various players (from 3 countries) did and how they so blatently did it despite the refs warnings and the boos from the crowd.

Apparently even China's own media have slated them for it too :wink:

One of two options : 1) only allow one team per nation or 2) don't draw them against each other. I detect an undercurrent of anti-Chinese jealousy in these Olympics EG: The 16yo girl swimmer who swam faster than her male counterpart was accused of drug taking; but when the 15yo Lithuanian girl won the swimming - no mention of drugs etc. :roll:

For you to find an undercurrent of anything is in itself surprising, you are usually full on in all things foreign.

The fact that people are sceptical about the Chinese and not a Lithuanian who lives in England is based purely on past 'performances' and consequent disqualifications; common as against never.

• Upvote 1

Straight forward - IF the winners are drug tested immediatley on winning, that gets the subject and speculation out of the way, one way or another. There's now an issue with the new scoring system for boxing - which even under the old system was (without a knock out), like many of the so called sports in this Olymic, a subjective decion made by judges; rather than first past the post etc. Nowfor the Rio Olympics, they're going to allow professional boxers to compete, which just about sums up the way things have gone. :roll:

Well I hope all those who wanted the Badminton teams disqualified are just as determined to get the British cycling team disqualified also.

Or, were they not cheating? :unsure: :unsure:

Well the one who fell did say at first he'd done it on purpose to get a restart because they'd not started well....and now they are saying his words were 'lost in translation'

Seems it's not against the rules of cycling if you've not completed the required distance but sounds like a form of cheating to me. :unsure: