Athletes?

observer

Seems we can't avoid the Olympics on TV, even on the News: and we've seen over the years, the addition of all sorts of "sports" that don't exactly require any athletic prowess. The latest being a heavily pregnant Malaysian Woman, who is competing in the air rifle shooting. Not with your average "slug gun" either, but, like the archer's bows; something fitted with weights and counter-weights! Looking forward to the addition of darts and dominoes in the future! :wink:

Golf :shock: Please god no !!!! That's on a par with footy and neither have a place at the Olympics. Squash should definately be in it though as should Karate.

As for the heavily pregnant Malaysian lady you mention Obs good on her and you should be more careful with your posts.

To criticise a woman is bad enough... but to comment about one who's pregnant with an over rush of hormones ... AND A GUN... is definately not a good idea and she may come looking for you :lol:( I purposely didn't mention she is foreign and in the UK too as we know where that would lead) :P

... I bet shes glad she's not a gymnast or hurdle jumper though :lol::wink:

There are several layers to this: based on the original Olympics in Ancient Greece; it supposed to be a competitition of PHYSICAL prowess. Firing an air rifle at a target could be easily done by some 30st couch potatoe, so hardly a gruelling physical challenge. Then there are the weapons in use, guns, air guns and bows, complete with an array of high tech mods; hardly a recreation of Agincourt or the Army firing range at Bisley. As I said; we can look forward to darts and bowls, and perhaps even conkers in the future! :wink:

It doesn't bother me as I have no interest whatsoever in the Olympics. The government has already picked my pocket to pay to get the games, and they will continue to pick my pocket to pay for them for the forseeable future. No interest just disgust :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sounds good to me :D:oops:

Although in some events it might be an idea if some wear little skimpy trunks to protect and/or harness :wink:

The two men in the house saw the Australian beachball women practicing on TV and said they were definately the best dressed olympians :wink:

These 'athletes' should be banned from taking part in the quarter finals of their sport now :evil:

They should loose their place and the teams who almost got through to the quarters should take their place.

Disgraceful behaviour and even after warnings and boos from the crowd they still carried on!! :evil::evil:

I agree with every word the commentator says !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19074013

Eh... I can't believe some of you are saying they didn't do anything wrong :shock::evil:

So what if they have to play their fellow countrymen(or women). The best players will win the medals and the lesser ones wont. Simples !

In other categories you see individuals competing against their own people. You see gymnasts, divers etc etc who have been in doubles/groups with their fellow 'countrymen' then competing against the very same people individually in the hope of being the best and gaining the medal despite being 'partners' in previous events.

AND lets not forget that all athletes swear by an oath............ although I guess it could be interpreted any way you like in this instance by a good solicitor

In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams

I'm glad their appeal was not successful and that their places in the quarters have been given to the pairs who played their hearts and souls out and finished third and fourth in the qualifying groups.

SERVES THEM RIGHT !!! :P