Justice or Revenge?

observer

Totally agree with you Wahl, this is now history. What I don’t get is how anyone can say the process will take thirty full time officers four years to complete?

The pardons and apologies for what happened in a confused situation forty years ago have been made and that should be an end to it.

There we go, I’ve done it single handed in two minutes.

Bill :)

People must be pushing for the investigation, A truth and reconciliation tribuneral might take the sting out of it. It is easy as British to say move on, as we are likely to be on the wrong side of an investigation. If their was safety from prosecution, the truth might just will out.

The march was for civil rights Obs, it was not an IRA march, so people who died in the march had nothing to do with the IRA. So are you saying they should not be given justice?

I am against prosecuting anyone from the army, I think the victims should be given the truth, and from the British point of view we need to no what went wrong. The only way that will happen is if people can speak freely without fear of prosecution.

There's been a full public inquiry, which ruled that the marchers were unlawfully killed - as were every victim of IRA bombings. It's a standard tactic of insurgents to use such "peacefull" demos, as a cover for their operations; precisely to get "innocent" folk killed and thus turn against the forces of law and order. Sometimes, it's better to let sleeping dogs lie. :(