Impatient drivers?

Bill

We all like to have a little moan about the habits other drivers form time to time but something I saw three times yesterday got me wondering if we’re becoming a more impatient society.

If a car wants to turn right at a busy road junction, they have to wait until its safe to do so but there seems to be an increasing tendency for people to move out and sit blocking the traffic until someone eventually gives way. I could understand someone doing this in an emergency but I think in most cases its just down to frustration and lack of patience.

Anyone else noticed this trend? :roll:

Bill :)

Yes, it's the 'I want everything now, this minute' brigade who put their own wants above the rights and safety of others.

There is also dangerous ignorance where those who have legitimately moved forward to turn right, stay immobile when the lights turn back to red, but they are entitled to complete their manoeuvre so they are not left stranded in the middle of a junction causing problems for everyone else.

Have you ever sat behind a driver that is turning right who will not pull out until they have a gap of at least 6 months before they are willing to make their move. Or have you been trying to turn right and know one will let you out even if the traffic going in their direction is going nowhere.?

Have you ever sat behind a driver that is turning right who will not pull out until they have a gap of at least 6 months before they are willing to make their move.

There are thousands of them. Perhaps they have all been on a health and safety course or is that part of the Highway Code these days.

Perhaps the namby kids are now driving, and need mummy and daddy to tell them when to move.

I regularly turn off Knutsford Rd into Park Av. 95% of drivers waiting to pull out, will not do so, even though a vehicle cannot get past me unless it's a motorbike.

Even if cars are coming from town, they can still get into the middle of the road and wait safely.

Leaving the brain cell at home is potentially very dangerous.

There has to be no vehicle in sight before some will move. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Perhaps the namby kids are now driving, and need mummy and daddy to tell them when to move.

Can't blame todays kids for this one Peter as they are being taught to drive more aggressively.

OK so 'aggressively' is probably the wrong word but they ARE taught to NOT hesitate at islands and junctions and to also drive at the maximum set speed etc etc and 'go' at the soonest opportunity.

I've lost count of the number of times my lad has told me off for waiting a few more seconds at junctions and islands or for driving slightly slower on a 20/30/40/50 etc where I KNOW there are possible dangers to pedestrians or other known issues (you tend to know about these on the more local roads where you have driven for over 30 years just as you pick up on other possible hazzards or others failings through experience eh? :wink: ).

His friend actually failed his driving test in St Helens for doing just over 40 I think on a road that he had never been down before. Apparently he should have been doing 50 on the bendy road with fields either side which had access/exits .

He was taken out down the same road as practice for his next test but unfortunately it was closed as a tractor had come out of a field and collided with a car :unsure:

Sometimes a little caution and calmness results in a far safer journey for all ... and after all they do say 'patience is a virtue' B)

I thought this topic was about impatient drivers? Seems the impatient drivers are the forum posters because they are complainig about other drivers taking too long. Oh Hum. :)

Example please.

The comments imo are criticisms of poor drivers.

Dizzy,

seems a nonsense that you have to drive at the maximum. That's what the speed limit is, the maximum allowed NOT a target.