Where is.....

Cleopatra

Awww you must be missing him or you wouldn't have asked or noticed Cleo :lol::wink:

His last posted was on Thursday (17th).... maybe he went to see the queen and got arrested B)

Comes to something when someone is presumed missing when they haven't posted for a 'whopping' 3 days though :lol:

Awww you must be missing him or you wouldn't have asked or noticed Cleo :lol::wink:

His last posted was on Thursday (17th).... maybe he went to see the queen and got arrested B)

Comes to something when someone is presumed missing when they haven't posted for a 'whopping' 3 days though :lol:

But he is usually very regular - and you can take that in either way you wish. :lol:

He's gone on his hol's to Obsilvania, the government are having massive problems and have called obs in to sort it out. :wink::D :grin:

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure wherever he goes he will tell them where they are going wrong. Just hope he doesn't turn up in Tahrir Square trying to put the protestors right. They will probably beat him then tell him...... Go and drink the Nile! :lol:

Seems the torch went out in Devon after only being in the UK for 3 days. Did it go out like they say due to a malfunctioning burner or was it put out due to yet another UK daft H&S rule ? :lol::wink:

PS how much did you pay for yours on ebay Obs and where will you be sticking it (lit or not) :lol::wink:

Seems the torch went out in Devon after only being in the UK for 3 days. Did it go out like they say due to a malfunctioning burner or was it put out due to yet another UK daft H&S rule ? :lol::wink:

PS how much did you pay for yours on ebay Obs and where will you be sticking it (lit or not) :lol::wink:

You shouldn't ask questions like that - you set my imagination off! :lol:

did notice on the news that the flame was being carried by plane and that it had been lit in three miners lamps for safety reasons.

thing is I have a miners lamp and know that it is very difficult to get at the flame when it is lit and to take it apart takes about ten minutes and a lot of fiddling and is impossible to do without extinguishing the flame.

the same goes for lighting them as they are provided with a striker that spins the wheel to spark the flint that lights them and they cannot be lit and then assembled as the flame will be extinguished during assembly.

I know I have tried several times in the past whilst trying to get mine to light. Problem I have is getting enough fuel into the reservoir underneath.

Still had the Davy lamps though in about 1976 even with the battery ones. Good test for gas in the mines next to canaries.

Think it was only about two or three to each shift though but not sure about that as I only went down the pit once on a visit as an apprentice from risley.

Not so sure about these days though with the sensitivity of modern day gas analysers.