Why do we need political councillors?

If you stand as an independent, who pays for the leaflets that have to be printed and another advertising? And do you not need activists to go out and post them. I think it is alot harder for an independent, as they have no party machine behind them.

but beinging national politics into local government serves no purpose at all. They all bicker and back bite about stuff which doesn't help to grit our roads or clean the streets....

National politics is for the government and the opposition to play, not Mike Hannon or the other lot in the Town Hall

If you stand as an independent, who pays for the leaflets that have to be printed and another advertising? And do you not need activists to go out and post them. I think it is alot harder for an independent, as they have no party machine behind them.

Perhaps the alter ego of obs could advise us of the problems standing as an Independent?

been saying the same for years Harry.

Paul Kenndedy was an active member of the forum until he was told not to be by the political masters.

It is akin to censorship

Talking of Paul Kennedy, he has just taken over as leader of the

conservatives after Keith Bland lost his seat.

I have just been re-elected as an Independent Councillor for the Lymm Ward of Lymm Parish Council. I can confirm that I had to fund and print my leaflets myself and call in a few favours to help get them delivered. My legs are still aching from delivering hundreds of them. well worth the effort though :)

• Upvote 1

I have just been re-elected as an Independent Councillor for the Lymm Ward of Lymm Parish Council. I can confirm that I had to fund and print my leaflets myself and call in a few favours to help get them delivered. My legs are still aching from delivering hundreds of them. well worth the effort though :)

And well done to you.