Budget?

observer

about what was expected, beer fags and petrol up highest rate of tax down.

About time all politicians were on minimum wage, travel pass and anything else to be paid out of their own pockets.

Wonder how many minibus companies are going to give up after this latest one.

• Upvote 1

Inky

It will start a brain drain to more affluent areas of the UK, good teachers will leave schools for other areas where they can get more money. Good doctors and nurses will leave hospitals ect

but if there are "good" teachers, by your reasoning there will also be "bad" teachers

so do "bad" teachers deserve to be paid the same as "good" teachers then?

If you are a good teacher or doctor, wouldn't you get a bit miffed if a bad one gets the same money as you?

I know when I was a JIB sparky, it really pigged me off to see lads slacking when I was grafting my nuts off.... we were subject to national pay grades and it is a nonsense

Well, I can see all those on £150,000pa plus, ringing up their accountants and telling them to quit the tax avoidance schemes, now they've dropped to 45p and been given £10grand apiece! How thick do these Tories think we are and how ovine are we for tolerating it? :roll:

Your missing the point Baz, what good teachers are left in the North, will head south, Schools in the poorer areas who cannot afford the good teachers will loose what good teachers they have, thus adding to the problems they have. And making it harder for the few that do escape and get to universities, the same will happen in hospitals. The north south divide is already getting bigger. An example of how bad it is; For every £20.00 spent in the south spent on transport infrastructure , £1.00 is spent in the North West. The gap is widening do you want that to spread to schools and hospitals that you use?

Your missing the point Baz, what good teachers are left in the North, will head south, Schools in the poorer areas who cannot afford the good teachers will loose what good teachers they have, thus adding to the problems they have. And making it harder for the few that do escape and get to universities, the same will happen in hospitals. The north south divide is already getting bigger. An example of how bad it is; For every £20.00 spent in the south spent on transport infrastructure , £1.00 is spent in the North West. The gap is widening do you want that to spread to schools and hospitals that you use?

no..... you are missing the point Kije

"do "bad" teachers deserve to be paid the same as "good" teachers?"

or do we pay the bad ones more to keep them in the good areas to prevent the good ones leaving the better areas to go to areas of higher pay???? Confused... I know I am!

Better to weed out the bad teachers, than to differentiate pay, as you will have an excodus of teachers, this will make poorer areas of the UK worse off, and even less able to compete, we will end up righting off whole areas of the UK. In a Country like ours it should not be down to your postcode, to get a good hospital or a good education. I live in the Northwest I want good schools and hospitals here.

I thought that the long term intention was to simplify the tax system, so how does introducing VAT on hot pies, while having no VAT on cold pies simplify things. At what point does a hot pie become a cold one? :unsure: :unsure:

I'm slightly confused now as the pie shop in Penketh has always charged extra for heating a cold pie/pastie/sausage roll etc up and they always said it was due to vat so hasn't this always been the case?

If the pie was hot and had just come out of the oven then no extra charge, but if it had gone cold and you wanted it microwaved to warm it up again then ... extra charge.

Well, I can see all those on £150,000pa plus, ringing up their accountants and telling them to quit the tax avoidance schemes, now they've dropped to 45p and been given £10grand apiece! How thick do these Tories think we are and how ovine are we for tolerating it? :roll:

Can I ask where you get the £10 grand figure from Obs? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

So some talking heads on TV drop a figure of £10 grand in your lap and you take it as gospel without even thinking where they got the figure from? For a drop of 5 pence in the pound to produce a £10000 saving the person would have to be earning £10000/£0.05=£200000 ABOVE the £150000 threshold for the 45% tax rate i.e. at least £350000. Well you may say these rich bastards ought to be paying more tax anyway, but think about it. Someone earning £350000 will be paying (around) £140000 income tax, not an inconsiderable sum of money to give to the government so they can waste it. Perhaps now the recipient of the government's largesse in letting them keep a bit more of their own money may be able to put that money to good use - improving their business or employing another worker perhaps.

It seems to me that the problem with the government budgets is that they all focus on raising money from taxpayers rather than looking at ways to reduce government waste and expenditure. It's our money they are throwing away, all politicians of every party. Its all they live for, spending other people's money on their own crackpot ideas. Time we started holding these people to account and stopped bickering over which of us should be robbed more than others. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just in case you hadn't noticed Asp; the Country's in a mess, it requires as much money as it can get in revenues and at the same time cut Gov spending in order to get us into the black. Now, it seems perfectly reasonable to argue in this context, that those with the broadest shoulders (biggest wallets) bear the heaviest load. This absolute nonesense about reducing the rate from 50% TO 45%, will suddenly cancel their avoidance schemes and start coughing up, merely insults our intelligence. IF avoidance is a problem, then make it illegal, simplify the system, get rid of loop holes and pursue offenders to ensure payment. btw, do you think there are no folk getting more than £350,000; one needs to look no further than Bankers or Footballers! :wink: