Sheds with beds -

observer

Well they (the Gov) lossed track of most illegal immigrants, but now the media seem to have found them - living in sheds and out-houses in places like Ealing, London. Seems, most are being charged exploitative rents by their "legal" counterparts, for living in these overcrowded conditions. Are they (the Gov) sorting it out? Not quite; yet another case of the law impeding a solution, Local Authorities are required to give the landlords 24hours notice of inspection, giving time for the birds to have flown the nest. Common sense would suggest, that if reasonable suspicion exists, the Police could start doing their dawn raids, rounding them up and deported both the occupants AND the landlords. Ironically, many of these "illegals", finding the streets arn't paved with gold, now want to be deported - perhaps they could hire a "Costa" ship with an Italian skipper?! :wink:

Well they (the Gov) lossed track of most illegal immigrants, but now the media seem to have found them - living in sheds and out-houses in places like Ealing, London. Seems, most are being charged exploitative rents by their "legal" counterparts, for living in these overcrowded conditions. Are they (the Gov) sorting it out? Not quite; yet another case of the law impeding a solution, Local Authorities are required to give the landlords 24hours notice of inspection, giving time for the birds to have flown the nest. Common sense would suggest, that if reasonable suspicion exists, the Police could start doing their dawn raids, rounding them up and deported both the occupants AND the landlords. Ironically, many of these "illegals", finding the streets arn't paved with gold, now want to be deported - perhaps they could hire a "Costa" ship with an Italian skipper?! :wink:

No Costa ships left obs, the last one set on fire today of the Seychelles :wink::D :grin:

This one has just got dafter: according to tonight's news, thousands of these illegal immigrants are pleading to be deported back to their home countries; but because they've destroyed their IDs and can't prove their origins, they can't be sent back - what an absolute joke. Meanwhile, having confessed to being a heroin user, one was asked how he can afford drugs - his answer, "I go shoplifting". :angry:

Nice to have you back at long last 'oh mighty wanderer'. About bloody time too :P (PS I already said Hi on another topic but you might not see it, and I didn't want it to appear that I was ignoring your welcome back party on this one) :lol:

I don't suppose you spotted Wingnut on your travells did you ? :(:unsure:

Maybe he is living in a shed near a fishing lake somehwere though. Warmer than a bivvy I guess.

Think it was £100 per week per illegal immigrant - which no doubt paid the mortgage of the legal immigrant landlord. :wink:

I guess it's not right that I am suddenly wondering how many beds I can fit in my outhouse and how many sheds would fit in my back yard. I probably shouldn't be pacing out my dads garden and garage or my other family members space either in my mind. :oops:

One thing's for sure and that is at £100 per week 'per person' none of us would have to work each day to live and pay our bills etc if we 'opened' up a little :blink:

If the government allow them all in and allow them to stay by ther ignorance then we might aswell all start to get something back in return for them taking many of the jobs we and/or our youngsters should be getting.

'Payback time' in a different way I guess :wink:

Yeah but most of our youngsters can't afford to pay £100 a week as they can't get jobs can they... so these (including my lad) will have to sleep in our wheelie bins (if there's still any space for it when the sheds go in).

Green bins seem slighly larger though so I must remember to mention that to him as our neighbour has one but we don't :wink: