Photobucket - Potential Threat Warning

Dizzy

I have been in conversation with 'Photobucket' technical team since Monday as whenever I go onto their website my antivirus software blocks and removes two alleged potential virus threats coming from their site. This happens when I simply click on their website (nothing to do with being logged in etc).

My software simply flies up on the scrren with a warning and informs me that it has blocked and removed the offending virus threat temp files so it is not causing me any problems but PB support are keen to resolve it.

I have had to supply various screen dumps and info to them and they are working hard to identify why this happens and are being fantastic and keeping me informed of everything they are doing. There's about 6 of them working to try and identify the 'issue'. Damn good customer support I must say.

Anway, after many tests and checks at their end they think it is likely that it is just a case of a false possitive being returned by my Trend Micro's antivirus/malware/web checker software. But they want to be 100% sure rather than just 99% sure.

They have now asked me if I know anyone else who is getting similar.... so

If any of you have had similar warning message etc could you please let me know ASAP and also say what antivirus you are using and supply screen dumps if poss so I can pass the info on to my new found friends.

Ta

Well checked into photobucket no problems (apart from trying to remember my password. Have it written down just could not find the bit of paper at first)

Not one peep out of my antivirus.

Using virgin media one from trend micro with anti-malware on and website checker on the rest disabled. (databases up to date). still not a peep.

I don't have to log in to get it....it's the minute their website opens after I click on their link. Of course some of you might not see it anyway as some virus software removes issues with out telling you, mines seems to tell me (probably cos it has sussed out my inner state and the fact that I hate missing out on anything. :lol:)

Yours in interesting (and odd) though Evils as I am using VM's Trend Micro with anti malware and web checker on too (databases etc upto date)and BALANCED protection selected.... BUT I also have VM Trend Micro's firewall booster turned on which does extra checks.

Mmm maybe it's the FWB that is picking up on it then :unsure:

Asp and Algy... are you using VM/Trend too ?

Cheers all ... I'm impressed that I seem to be unique again but not as impressed as I am with how PB are taking it all very seriously and they keep emailing me :unsure::lol:

What about the other 5 days of the year :wink::lol:

I use Zone alarm Fire Wall (free) as a back up to the Windows 7 firewall and Avast(free) anti-virus program, and that's it and believe me I'm all over the place and very rarely have any problems but the odd occasion that I have I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program (free) which soon sorts out the malware and the reason that I use all the free programs is not because I'm tight, why should I as an amateur buy these hyped up products when the free ones do the job, as far as Norton is concerned I honestly don't know how they keep going. I tried IE8 but didn't take to it and soon went back to Firefox. But Hey! that's my personal choice and others have theirs, but as is said - if it aint' broke don't mend it".

Ahhh.... UPDDATE it seems that the techies at PB may have now actually identified and resolved the issue with the suspect advert (or whatever it was) today and it appears to have been fixed as I am no longer getting the warnings.

Could be why you didn't get the warning Evils.

PS what was it that you said to me in your earlier email I just read Algy..... something about doing too much eh :wink::lol:

I forgot to mention....... you know what that means don't you ? :lol:

Yep, I've got loada of photo's I've taken in the past week or so on my lovely and enjoyable chilly walks with the dog which I may now upload and bore you all to death with.

Shall I start with swans or deers or 'other' :rolleyes::wink:

nowt wrong with my , whatcha call it, that thing that recalls the past, diary, no, last years calendar, er begins with a scratched head, ah memory. :mrgreen:

my problem is that i have passwords for quite a few sites and short of making them all the same writing them down is the best way of me keeping track. ( i also used the remembered passwords on my browser but when I had to change computers I had to then go to all the sites I had passwords for and put them in again.) <_<