Weirdo Squirrel?

Sheila_P

Is he/she actually eating the grass and moss or is it maybe collecting nuts, seeds and other stuff he/she has hidden in your lawn during the year when you haven't noticed?

Or maybe it is collecting grass and moss to make it's little home ?

Don't know a lot about squrrels I'm afraid other than they are very cute, fun to watch, are vegetarians and usually eat nuts and stuff... but then you probably already knew that :oops::unsure:

Had a squirrel visit my garden when I was in the uk, usually the back garden, and it would run along the top of the back fence sometimes, or just sit there.

One day I saw it run down the front garden path and out throught the gate and across the road. I am showing great restraint in not swearing here but when it was in the middle of the road a driver swerved his car sharply in attempt to hit the little critter! :angry:

We have loads of squirrels and yes they do bury food in lawns. We have Astro turf down now so they can’t do it anymore but it was funny watching them try for a while. They store food in their cheeks a bit like hamsters and they may just be sitting on the grass, chilling out while chewing.

Speaking of critters in the garden, I had a very unwelcome visitor Sunday morning that killed two or three of my fish. I know it’s only nature but it’s annoying that the herons kill, but because the fish are so large, they can’t carry them off or eat them. :evil:

Bill :)

We have loads of squirrels and yes they do bury food in lawns. We have Astro turf down now so they can’t do it anymore but it was funny watching them try for a while. They store food in their cheeks a bit like hamsters and they may just be sitting on the grass, chilling out while chewing.

Speaking of critters in the garden, I had a very unwelcome visitor Sunday morning that killed two or three of my fish. I know it’s only nature but it’s annoying that the herons kill, but because the fish are so large, they can’t carry them off or eat them. :evil:

Bill :)

Have you invested in a fake heron - I know my dad has one patrolling his pond - and some netting which usually does the trick.