Will we

harry hayes

Now have to sustain our four billion pound annual loss to the EU? Be able to say who comes and goes to and from the country? Have our own human rights act? Be able to buy bendy bananas and remedy other minor irritations.

Or has nothing changed?

Happy days

/

The "new Treaty", which is too slow in coming for "the markets" (and they're the folk who count in all this), is focused on austerity, and arguably eliminates the possibly of growth for some time. It's also rather ironic, that the EU(-1), is going to vet the budgets of the 26, to ensure fiscal dicipline, when the EU hasn't had it's own books signed off on audit for the past decade! There is no guarantee either, that the Euro-zone has escaped a collapse; even Germany is on warning over it's triple A rating; and Italy still suffers up to 7% interest rates on it's borrowing. It's no surprise, that the E/Europeans and the P.I.G.S have fallen into line behind Germany and France, as they are depending on them for future bale outs. Fortunately, Cameron (unlike his predessors) wasn't beguiled by the big boys in Brussels. :wink:

I managed to get a few moments on the European News tonight, (I always find it interesting to hear what other countries are reporting about the UK.) One commentator talked about the probability of British exports into EU countries being viewed less favourably after today.

I guess I will know by the end of next week, I have five contracts due for signing off in the Netherlands, Germany and Italy. In each instance I have never lost a previous contract with any of these clients and we are listed as number one supplier with each company so I fully expect to get the business.

I have called each client today and I have been fobbed off with lame excuses and delaying tactics.

Watch this space, at the end of next week I will be doing one of two things. If all goes well I will be looking to appoint a new Engineer or I will be laying off two production cells, hopefully I'll be saying Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to everyone rather than handing out P45's.

I managed to get a few moments on the European News tonight, (I always find it interesting to hear what other countries are reporting about the UK.) One commentator talked about the probability of British exports into EU countries being viewed less favourably after today.

I guess I will know by the end of next week, I have five contracts due for signing off in the Netherlands, Germany and Italy. In each instance I have never lost a previous contract with any of these clients and we are listed as number one supplier with each company so I fully expect to get the business.

I have called each client today and I have been fobbed off with lame excuses and delaying tactics.

Watch this space, at the end of next week I will be doing one of two things. If all goes well I will be looking to appoint a new Engineer or I will be laying off two production cells, hopefully I'll be saying Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to everyone rather than handing out P45's.

I hope your efforts and negotiations reach a satisfactory conclusion and that all turns out well for you Rex Mac.