Remorse?

observer

In a word - No.

In more detail, having been burgled twice in 6 months, Dizzy would ban me if I said what I really would like to say because my post would be a full page long and full of expletives!

Anway, sorry cannot replace the often sentimental values of what the theiving ******* ******* ***** brained ******* bagheads steal! (vastly condensed version). :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

We have been burgled once when we were young and had two small children and I was working long hours to try to provide a decent home for us all, so yes I would have loved an apology from the person responsible as long as it was delivered personally, he certainly would not have been able to walk out of our house unassisted as a matter of fact he would not have been able to walk at all. I remember the anger we experienced at the time and if I had found out the culprit I would have set fire to his house, I still can't get my head round the fact that some people say they can forgive those that have had terrible crimes committed against them and their families, perhaps that makes me a bad person but if that is so, then so be it!!!. :evil: :evil: :evil:

We were burgled on 16th December 1997, (funny how the date has stayed fixed in my memory.)

We were all asleep in bed and some toe rag decided to come and pay us a nocturnal visit without an invitation.

I honestly don't think I could have accepted any form of apology, not then and not now.

I could, however think of a many ways to makes his life a little more interesting, varied and challenging.

If ever I caught somebody burgling my house it's for sure he would never ever burgle anyone else, he wouldn't be able to because the biggest knife in the knife drawer would be used to chop off his hands and they would be thrown into the rubbish! Then the police would be called. And believe you me that is no empty threat!

He would spend the rest of his life on the streets, crying, "Alms eelaa ana!"

I was burgled about 20 years ago and had my can taken at the same time. Those responsible were eventually caught and sent back to the same jail they’d been released from just a couple of months earlier.

If they turned up at my door today and genuinely apologised today for the grief they caused to my family, then it might restore my faith in society but sadly, that’s never going to happen.

How can a forced apology have any meaning? Most of criminals will simply use this as a cynical attempt to lessen their sentence, if indeed they ever receive one.

Bill :)

Well it seems the liberal luvvies have come up with the idea of "retorative justice", which requires perpetrators to "apologise" to their victims. Didn't work however, with the 17yo burglar, allegedley with the mind of a 7yo; who wrote to the victims complaining that their lack of security precautions (open window etc), meant they deserved to be burgled! :angry:

Well it seems the liberal luvvies have come up with the idea of "retorative justice", which requires perpetrators to "apologise" to their victims. Didn't work however, with the 17yo burglar, allegedley with the mind of a 7yo; who wrote to the victims complaining that their lack of security precautions (open window etc), meant they deserved to be burgled! :angry:

The only reason for a burglar making an apology would be to get some remission off a sentence. I hold the same opinion about both burglars and drug dealers, they are the absolute scum of the earth and should be given draconian sentences whenever they are convicted. The Chief Constable of W Yorkshire was absolutely right when he said (after the Shannon Matthews 'kidnap' trial) that there is a growing underclass in British society that sees other people as merely a means for them to steal from.