last one from me for now....

Bazj

OK, where was this taken?

Who is the main person in the picture (no "our Fred stood across the road" answers please!!)

What was the occasion?

Image2.jpg

7th July 1913 outside Crosfield's main Office on Liverpool Road.

Heres a photo taken on the same occasion the Royal carriage has moved on and the Royal couple were leaving by car.

1913TheRoyalprocessionleavingCrosfieldsbycar.jpg

Ahh.. I 'see' it now.

Why did they stop at Crossfields was it because it was one of the main companies in the area at the time. Sorry of that sounds stupid.

The king had spilled some soup down the front of his shirt at lunch and as they were passing Crossfields the queen said to the driver, "hey up driver! Stop here while I nip in and get some washing powder to wash this sloppy beggar's shirt with." :lol:

The king had spilled some soup down the front of his shirt at lunch and as they were passing Crossfields the queen said to the driver, "hey up driver! Stop here while I nip in and get some washing powder to wash this sloppy beggar's shirt with." :lol:

The Queen doesn't wash clothes Cleo!

What happened was - The King stood up quickly to get out of the open carriage, busting the zipper on his fly as he did (note the hand going down for a quick cover up!).

As the queen, who doesn't wash clothes and doesn't do any sewing either didn't have a needle and thread to fix the kings fly, and they couldn't risk a right royal public flashing, they had to disperse with the open carriage and leave town in the less exposed car.