Heres an easy one!

algy

I recon it's the Co-op's Concert Room which was open every 'evening?' or maybe just a J Coop's Concert Room and he/she/they were pretending to be part of the bigger co-op group.

Sorry Algy just beeing cheeky based on the signs. :oops:

I've no idea where it is but it looks to have been on a busier route or a main road of the time and a slightly more affluent part of the town going by the horses and carriages and the smartly blokes dressed leading them.

Not Dolmasn Lane that's for sure :wink::lol:

I like that picture as it seems to 'speak'.

Baz, your definitely in the correct town, would you care to venture a guess at the street?. :wink:

Sorry Mary, not Mersey Street.

Dizz, apologies, yes you did say J.Coop. :oops:

By the way Dizz one of those 'smartly dressed blokes is a policeman - the left one.

I can't believe the street has not been identified. :blink:

I am torn between bridge street and buttermarket street.

Looking at the right of the picture I would plump for the latter as there seems to be a building facing down it. which could be bridge street.

No Sid neither! there is only one main street from Warrington town centre that has not been mentioned. :shock:

I recon it's the Co-op's Concert Room which was open every 'evening?' or maybe just a J Coop's Concert Room and he/she/they were pretending to be part of the bigger co-op group.

Sorry Algy just beeing cheeky based on the signs. :oops:

I've no idea where it is but it looks to have been on a busier route or a main road of the time and a slightly more affluent part of the town going by the horses and carriages and the smartly blokes dressed leading them.

Not Dolmasn Lane that's for sure :wink::lol:

I like that picture as it seems to 'speak'.

:blink: But it's not saying what street it is eh Dizzy? It's keeping it's name secret! :lol::lol::lol:

Well done Cleo... AGAIN :D

My other half reconned it was is now the 'Hot Pole' pub last night. Please tell me he wasn't right :shock:

No the Hop Pole pub was there many years before this place also it is on the opposite side of the street to Coop's, I am fairly certain it was in the same row as Parr's bank, strangely enough there may be a connection as the 'Hop Pole's' licensee in 1895 was a Mrs Elizabeth Ann Coop so perhaps it was her son's?. :?:

Phew.. I thought I may have to appologise to my other half for a minute there :lol:

Wonder what they did in there. I know it says 'concert room' so daft question I suppose. It does look like a drinking establishment though so wouldn't it need a licencee of it's own?

I recon you are right though and it could have been the womans son and mummy had it covered under her umbrella and simply sold the booze in her pub then shoved him and his mates over the road with their drinks cos she didn't like their taste in music :lol:

Would Coops now be The Prince of Wales algy? :unsure:

Cleo, no it was not the "Prince of Wales", the photo was titled when I first obtained it and after Dizzy's husband said he thought it had been the "Hop Pole" and I found that that pub had been run by a Mrs Elizabeth Ann Coop in 1895 I felt increasingly doubtful that it was too much of a coincidence and Dizzy's husband was right and I was misinformed, after doing more research Gulp!!! :oops: your going to love me for this Dizz, the "Hop Pole" was established in 1762 and in the early 1900's was known as "Coops Concert Rooms", so Dizz looks like your Hubby' won this one, along with Cleo. :oops: so :roll:

Did I shock you there Algy with my calmness :lol:

I'll get him into local history and the forum yet :wink: Maybe he'll even allow me to have all my mums old books on a book shelf one day rather than being stored away in a box in the depths of beyond .... and maybe, just maybe, he'll stop moaning at me for being obsessed with dead people, old Warrington and old photo's too :D:lol:

Oooh a pig just flew past again :lol: