Photos of (not Warrington) Scotland

algy

I always struggle with where to share photos that are not of Warrington so elected to place them here rather than in the 'General Issues' section.

A few 'snapshots' of a three days spent in Scotland last week, we are so fortunate to be able to have such a beautiful island such as ours to explore, I know I don't appreciate it as much as I should, given good weather it is one of the most wonderful places on earth with such a diverse range of subjects and scenery.

Blackness Castle, Firth of Forth.

BlacknessCastle.jpg

Rosyth Dockyard. The lower bow section of the new £5 billion aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth.

RosythDockyardbowofHMSQeenElizNewAircraftCarrier.jpg

The 'Golf Tavern' Est. 1756 at Burntisland arguably the site of the worlds first golf club, the greens were opposite the tavern, now a car park and small park as the club moved to a new site in the early 19th century.

GolfTavernEst1756BurntIslandScotland.jpg

Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe, Argyll & Bute

KilchurnCastleLochAweArgyllBute.jpg

Loch Awe, Argyll & Bute.

LochAwe.jpg

St Michaels Church by Linlithgow Palace Keep.

LinlithgowPalaceKeep.jpg

Linlithgow Palace.

LinlithgowPalace.jpg

Loch Fyne.

LochFyne.jpg

Clyde Puffer, 'SS. Vital Spark' (Neil Monro's novel "Tales of the Vital Spark" with skipper Para Handy) alongside the sailing ship 'Arctic Penguin' at Inverarary Quay.

PufferVitalSparkArcticPenguin.jpg

SS. Vital Spark & Arctic Penguin.

VitalSparkalongsidetheArcticPenguinatInverarary.jpg

Thanks for the photographs Algy. As far as I'm concerned you can post as many pics as you like from the Western of Scotland.

We spent a couple of weeks last year with the intention of Island hopping starting off in Arran and then onto Mull and Skye. I'm afraid to say we got a little bit carried away with the Calmac timetables and finished up visiting 11 islands by the time we decided to head South again.

Algy, are you now or ever have been a professional photographer? Because these pictures ARE photographs as opposed to snapshots. Very nice indeed and obviously

attenion had been paid to composition/angles. :)

Cleo, no I am not, never have been and never will be a professional photographer, I carried out quite a bit of research before purchasing the camera that suited all my requirements and thank goodness it produces good photos without my having to carry out any complicated settings, the rest I make sure that what I photographh pleases my eye then take the photo, don't forget you only see here my successes, out of around 70 photos I probably retained 50 or so.

Show off :lol: I've taken a few hundred in Wales (over the past couple of weeks) and I've only got about 20 worth showing anyone else :oops:

I snapped a few nice ones of the sea though and a house that was built in the 1400's so might upload a couple later :unsure:

Go for it! Diz.

Ooops, sorry folks, looks like I need to find out how to post photographs properly.

Rex, on your Photobucket page on the right where the links are, click on the bottom IMG code line, this will then highlight yellow then return to WW and paste on the topic page to display the photo on. I believe you are only allowed to post 10 pics on each reply page.

I followed the link that you posted and what a stunning photo that is.

Ahh I should have read this post before I posted my rather long reply to you on your help topic.

Sorry Rec Mac ... do as Agly so clearly and simply put :oops::lol: Sorry again chaps 8)

Dizz, 'simple' is my middle name, "why use two words when one will do"

Quote from: Abraham Birtlecumbandford b.1838 d.19 minutes past 10. :wink:

Hi Algy.

Am from Scotland and I wish that I new that you were coming up.

It's a funny old thing, people don't appreciate what we have at our door step. As most of yous know, we that live in Scotland has the biggest out door scenery in the country and it's full with history and the wild life is second to none, just sitting watching the wild deer eagles etc etc in there own environment is one of mother natures best.

Jimmy.

Amazing results Algy! I never get anything that comes close to that, everything I take turns out a snapshot. Wonder what camera it is that your using?

And to Jimbo couldn’t agree more. Beautiful place and late September often brings some great days up there.

Bill :)

Amazing results Algy! I never get anything that comes close to that, everything I take turns out a snapshot. Wonder what camera it is that your using?

And to Jimbo couldn’t agree more. Beautiful place and late September often brings some great days up there.

Bill :)

Bill, the camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ (Compact),I believe they have brought a new model out now as they always do, but I am more than satisfied with this one and unless it fails drastically I have no intention of replacing it, I always take my camera phone with me and although I have not uploaded any photos on this forum yet it's handy to put in my pocket, having said that I shall give it a try and see what the quality of the resulting shots are like.