Walton Hall Open Day Sun 3rd July - admission free

Dizzy

Walton hall (at Walton Gardens) will be open to the public this coming Sunday (3 July) from 11 am to 4pm.

A rare chance for member of the public to see inside the Hall which was once the ancestral home of the Greenall family...... the bar will be open for refreshments too.

FREE Admission :)

Not if you walk or car share... or even canoe down the Bridgewater and hop off at the little bridge near the entrance.

For goodness sake I thought people may be interested as rarely open to the public. Well if it does ever get sold off in the future just remember you did have the chance to look around it :P:lol:

Ive been to a few weddings at the hall Dizzy and tbh its not that great inside anymore. I'm sure it was magnificent in its pomp but lets remember who has been maintaining it for years. Still, if its free then no one is going to be overcharged :):)

At last someone appreciates the info.

You seem to be doing alright on the new site so far Geoff.. a quick learner eh and not bad for a bloke (or a councillor) :lol::wink:

You keep up the good work as yours is far more important and more will be watching and relying on you :D

I thought you meant like a family fun day with egg and spoon racing or chuck the welly competitions until I saw the word 'work' :lol:?

Why was it awful though... good quality build with thick solid walls causing you some problems eh :wink:

No wacking a hole through those walls with merely a screwdriver I guess :lol: