Phone with loud ring tone

Dizzy

Does anyone have a home phone (or know of one).... which has a very loud ring?

Mother-in-law says she never hears hers and doesn't answer putting everyone into a state of panic. Other half driving there again now despite only leaving a few hours ago and hp[efully as usual she will just be watching tv or something completely unaware.

None that I have looked at on line seem to say how loud they are.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Good idea.. I'll look for those now thanks.

Was it hard wired into a phone socket or a walk around one as she doesn't have a phone sockets in the living room or one of the bedrooms (she changes between rooms frequently hence she has hard wired and a walk around phone).

Her phone sockets/extensions are in the kitchen, hall and one bedroom so I/we could always run extensions into all other rooms somehow I suppose and install a few with flashers and a couple with 100 becibel rings incase she's sleeping :wink:

Thankfully she was fine but it's taken yet another year off everyone else's lives trying to contact her and racing round there again.

Not to worry at least she's ok :D

She has one of those already ... quite costly though and definatly wasn't a small charge and has a monthly subscription too I think but worth it for her peace of mind.

Anyway glad to report that following the help on here and ringing some of the places mentioned I did manage to source a phone today. Got it from tesco too.

So even with the tv up full she can hear it in the hall and it also has a bright red flasher too. All in all it's great :D

It also came with an additionsl walk around phone too with flashing light which is handy but she can't use that yet as it works via a signlal from the main unit in the hallway. Bugger no plug socket anywhere near the hall though and that's one thing I wont lend my hand to. Anyone on here an electrician :blink:

My mum has the carecall pendant system too.

She pressed it once and the woman came over the line asking if she was alright.... "Fine" said mum..... she forgot to teel the woman that she had fallen out of her chair and was lying on the floor. When the carers turned up, she was happily lying down with a pillow watching TV!!

My mum had one of those pendant ones that just dialled three different numbers that you could program in. As I was the nearest my phone number was first on the list. The big problem we had with it was that it had an activation button on the phone and my mother quite often pressed this by mistake and then could not remember how to turn it off again. Result was that after twenty false alarms we decided to get rid of it.

I have also just bought a system for my father in-law. this connects to the phone line but is separate from the phone. it too has an activation button on it and a pendant. Once set up it works great and you can record your own message on it so that you know who it is that is calling and it also has a loud speaker so that you can talk to the person at the other end if they are close enough to the unit. The only problem with this one is that the father in law lives on the wirral and so is about forty minutes away form where I live. Fortunately he has a very good neighbour who has consented to have his number on the system.

Dizz I assume that you need the main unit to be plugged into the mains for it to work. One option would be to put another phone outlet in another room near to a mains socket. may be easier than wiring a socket into the hallway. Just a matter o plugging in an extension for the phone and running the wire to another room.

Oh dear..... had to smile at both those comments about your mums. Technology is sometimes confusing eh :)

Evils, yes you assume right. Should be easy eh but not so as usual with anything mother-in-law like.

Only place where there is a phone line and plugs socket near each other is right next to her bed. This one rings so loud it would probably scare the living daylights out of her if it went off when she was snoozing.

I tried to put a new phone line in another room for her... but no go too. Her doors and frames fit so tightly that you can't even squeeze and hair through them. Not to worry.. go under the carpets, simples... nope cos she wont let me take the edges of them up as they were 'professionally fitted' and apart from that she WANTS the main big phone in the hall Grrrrrr.

So only way of putting a phone line in another room would to drill through the wall or go up into the loft and down through the ceiling. Madness ....... she'll just have to pay to have a plug socket put in the hall, I've given up with it all now and tried my best.

Oh dear..... had to smile at both those comments about your mums. Technology is sometimes confusing eh :)

Evils, yes you assume right. Should be easy eh but not so as usual with anything mother-in-law like.

Only place where there is a phone line and plugs socket near each other is right next to her bed. This one rings so loud it would probably scare the living daylights out of her if it went off when she was snoozing.

I tried to put a new phone line in another room for her... but no go too. Her doors and frames fit so tightly that you can't even squeeze and hair through them. Not to worry.. go under the carpets, simples... nope cos she wont let me take the edges of them up as they were 'professionally fitted' and apart from that she WANTS the main big phone in the hall Grrrrrr.

So only way of putting a phone line in another room would to drill through the wall or go up into the loft and down through the ceiling. Madness ....... she'll just have to pay to have a plug socket put in the hall, I've given up with it all now and tried my best.

Just remember, we will all be like that one day and say that we have earned the right to be sheer bloody-minded.

Maybe :lol::wink:

I recon I'll be the sort who refuses help though and bellows.. 'sod off I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself thank you, when I was younger I used to do blah blah blah you know' ... and then I'll just moan non stop to myself because I've got to the age where maybe I can't after all but won't admit it :huh: