Save us from the Lycra Clads......

Bazj

This film embodies everything I have always said about cyclists...... they have no respect for any of the rules of the road........why anyone would need to go that fast on a pipe with wheels is beyond me; however the outcome is oh so predictable.

If you let more of these morons on the roads without tax and insurance, this is what happens!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=be8_1306271713&p=1

:shock: One very lucky stupid idiot eh.... I actually thought he'd been crushed and dreaded what I was going to see next... phew

Why/how was he being filmed though as the person with the camera was just as mad.. or were they from a 'had an accident...not your fault' company looking for customers :wink:

One very lucky person. Had it been some people that I know he would have definitely ended up in A&E, probably with a broken nose and several other bruises inflicted by a good kicking, after which he would have been given a bill for repairs to the side of the motor and sued for personal injury, mental stress and anything else the lawyer could think of.

This sort of thing is why I advocate that all cyclist have some way of being identified so that that their details can be forwarded to the police in such cases and appropriate action taken. (such as taking their precious machine and crushing it before their eyes, or a good kicking) :twisted::twisted:

There is a story on the Sky News website today written by Andy Ivy, Sky News executive producer and it shows the state of his face after coming off his bike whilst riding at 30mph (his words not mine....) on a pothole strewn road.

I wouldn't do 30 in my car on a road with potholes (Hawleys lane etc) so surely he deserves everything he got for being so stupid

Ouch..... but it's not always obvious that a pot hole is looming though Baz and he didn't actually say the road he was riding on (far too fast in my opinion) was covered in potholes.

I would imagine coming off a bike at 30mph would do just as much damage no matter why you came off it.

Got me thinking though..... at 30 mph what is the stopping distance for a push bike... imagine if a child suddenly walked out or a car pulled out... surely a cyclist wouldn't be able to stop or avoid a collision. :shock:

They need to slow down not only for their own safety but also for other road users/pedestrians safety too.

As Sid says, all road users - including cyclists - should be identfiable.

A high-viz tabbard or a velcro patch with the equivalent of a number plate printed on it perhaps.

Considering that a cyclist can cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to a car, or can easily be the cause an accident between vehicles resulting in death or serious injury, I think that all cyclists who use the public roads should also have to carry at least third party insurance. It needn't be expensive - probably cost less that a new pair of lycra shorts!

Nothing applies to cyclists Peter; that is the problem. There is no way to identify them if they do jump red lights etc. Red light cameras are useless because one bike looks just like any other as does any lycra romper suit!

Surely if you hit one they will become identifyable though

First you have to be able to catch up with one. If you are observing the speed limit of twenty mph then you have no chance. :?

Once you have caught up with them you have to induce them to stop. Not an easy task as the only thing they seem to stop for is the odd puncture.

If you are able to get them to stop you then have to find some place to park. which in most places is impossible unless you have a disabled badge available.

Having caught up with them, stopped them and found a parking spot you then have to weigh up if they are bigger and faster than you before you get out of the car, making sure any valuables are out of sight and locking it securely, and then go and hit them. :shock:

Alternatively you could get a black four by four with tinted windows, plough them off the road and when questioned claim diplomatic immunity. :wink: