Anyone else noticed this?

Bill

I've just had to get the car cleaned this afternoon because it was covered with what looked like soot deposits.

Normally the stuff comes down with the rain leaves a white grey powder but this was jet black and looked just like powder paint. I checked the neighbours cars and they were exactly the same so anyone else experienced this or know where it may have come from? :roll:

Bill :)

I hope so too. :shock:

This isn't just a bit of gunge though, it's a whole load of it and much worse that when the Icelandic volcano was errupting.

There may have been a local fire of something if nobody else seems to have had it but it's definately come with the rain.

My car has dark dust/specks on it also. Not actually covered in it, but enough to warrant another wash.

In this weks Guardian page 16, people from the Penketh area have been complaining about ash being blown across their cars. They say it is coming from Fiddlers Ferry power station.

The moon was awfully close the other night according to the news so could have been moon dust I suppose! :lol:

I think it's a little more than a local phenomina though because the guy at the car wash said lots of others had pointed this out. I've looked at the picture from the guy complaining it's down to ash from Fiddlers Ferry but that's just the white ash or sand we've seen for years.

The stuff that's out there just now is like jet black toner powder so it showed up like crazy on my light silver car while I had to look really hard to see it at all on my neigbours black car.

I'm sure if we can get sand thats blown up all the way from the Sahra desert, we can get soot from a major fire just about anywhere in the world. :roll:

The moon now there's a thought.

I tried to take some pictures of it last night as it was weird. The moon was quite low and all the clouds and trails were almost motionless casting shadows in the light of the moon.

It was a very strange sight. Will see if any od the photo's came out ok although I doubt it due to my lack of skill and understanding of my camera's manual settings :oops:

Might go and check my car too as I've not used it for two days but under the street light the roof in particular looks sort of odd... like it would on a damp and frosty evening but it's not frosty :?

I will report back in 5 minutes :lol:

:shock::shock: The result of a quick 'wipe' with my hand on my car in the dark followed by a washed and dried hand and repeat :oops::lol: ....... I bet I've scratched my paintwork now but not to worry as it's all in the benefit of forum 'investigation' :lol:

my windscreen

hand1.jpg

car roof

hand2.jpg

bonnet

hand3.jpg

rear window with a tissue

paper1.jpg

moon photo last night was as naff as I expected

moon.jpg

Remind me never to take close up shots of my hand again... they look like an old woman's wrinkly hands... it was the camera honest and they are not like that really :oops::lol:

Yep, that looks exactly like what was all over my car. It looked for all the world like I'd been driving behind a muck spreader. :evil:

By the way, I've scanned the images of your finger prints and and just need your retinal scan now before I can fully steal your biometric identity :shock:

The finger prints on the paper look strangely symetrical is that a family trait? :lol:

Bill you are more than welcome to my biometric identity and if you should ever clone another one of me or take on my identity yourself then all I can say is ..... Good luck to you or my clone as you/they will definately need it :lol:

As for family traits... don't even go there :shock:

I wish you hadn't mentioned your car though as I'd be none the wiser as I couldn't see it on mine before I 'wiped' because of the colour. Now I'll have to wash it tomorrow as it's got obvios 'clean' streaks and looks a mess now :P

Did you see the weird clouds too Algy ?

As for the cars well I just went out and had a look at mine and you can't really see anything on it. But then I looked where I had 'wiped' on my roof last night and the particles of back 'dust' are really noticable where they were disturbed and pushed together.

IMG_2032.jpg