A Christmas tale ... of council cuts

Charles_Dickens

The king looked out across the wastelands of his once proud kingdom - the snow lay deep crisp and even.

All he could see was a once busy high street full of empty shops while his down trodden people looked for inspiration from their leader.

What could he do to save his kingdom?

He turned to his fair princess seeking advice.

Together they hatched a plan to save their kingdom by cutting jobs, axing services and rewarding their hard working servants with job evaluations, more work and less pay.

Over joyed they heralded their achievements far and wide, feeling triumphant with everything they had achieved since coming to power.

But the people were not happy and looked to the future and the not too distant spring.

In the distance they could see Sir Terry and his trusty side kick Mike preparing to ride to the rescue of their once prosperous kingdom...

Being Warringtonians they understood what made the people happy....

Lets hope this fairy tale can have a happy ending!

Stranger than Fiction.

If they do come to the rescue, perhaps they will remember the very expensive mistakes of the past. The skittles, the Pyramid and the River of Life.

With the latter, surely something a lot better than this could have been created. :shock:

Expensive mistakes may be - but at least it was investment in the town - even if some of it was a little wasteful.

What do you believe to be the solution kind Peter?

Stranger than Fiction.

If they do come to the rescue, perhaps they will remember the very expensive mistakes of the past. The skittles, the Pyramid and the River of Life.

With the latter, surely something a lot better than this could have been created. :shock:

Expensive mistakes may be - but at least it was investment in the town - even if some of it was a little wasteful.

What was investment? The failed culture quarter? The skittles, pushed by those who thought Warrington could have been a city?

Aren't we still subsidising the Pyramid?

The answer, is to go to Runcorn and pick their brains. They do things so much better than WBC regardless of who is in power.

Golden Square has killed off the rest of town along with the night clubs and behaviour.

Stranger than Fiction.

What was investment? The failed culture quarter? The skittles, pushed by those who thought Warrington could have been a city?

Aren't we still subsidising the Pyramid?

The answer, is to go to Runcorn and pick their brains. They do things so much better than WBC regardless of who is in power.

Golden Square has killed off the rest of town along with the night clubs and behaviour.

If at first you don't succeed - try, try and try again!

Ye humble serf of Warrington - we may as well all pack our bags and head off towards the gallows now! :oops:

Head off to Runcorn - now there is a traffic system which makes Warrington's look good! :roll:

Head off to Runcorn - now there is a traffic system which makes Warrington's look good

Apart from when the Runcorn bridge is blocked and when that happens the whole of the North West seem to grind to a halt, I can honestly say I have never been in a traffic queue/jam on Runcorns roads. :?

Golden Square?s more comfortable than Bridge Street especially on a day like today but it?s just a shopping centre clone and I don?t see it as a replacement for the town centre.

At least the money spent on the town centre gives us something that?s unique unlike the golden square.

Bill :)

Sorry Bill but hard as I try I still can't thing of anything in Warrington town centre that money has been spent on in the past years that IS unique :?

Help me out please it's bugging me now :oops:

I guess the carpark entrance to the new GS carpark could be classed as unique as you go up it anticlockwise and it's got a odd tiny little entrance/exit via a busy road and traffic lights :?

Peter

Well I don?t exactly say that, but stand at Market Gate and you know you?re in Warrington.

Stand in the golden Square and you could be in any town; surely that?s no too hard to understand.

I think what they?ve done to the town in recent years is something to be proud of and I for one quite like it. They paid a lot too much for the skittles though but now they?re here they seem right some how.

Peter

Well I don?t exactly say that, but stand at Market Gate and you know you?re in Warrington.

Stand in the golden Square and you could be in any town; surely that?s no too hard to understand.

I think what they?ve done to the town in recent years is something to be proud of and I for one quite like it. They paid a lot too much for the skittles though but now they?re here they seem right some how.

Bill - a man of my heart who is obviously Warringtonian through and through and proud of the town where he lives.

:D

Ever thought of standing for council?

Ahhh so to be true Warringtonian we have to like what the council do and feel proud of their achievements.... it's not just about having lived here all our lives then.... I see :D:lol:

ps I'm still waiting for the next part of your Christmas Story... is there a turkey, a glass slipper, and wicked witch or an evil ghost of the past... what's next :wink:

Ahhh so to be true Warringtonian we have to like what the council do and feel proud of their achievements.... it's not just about having lived here all our lives then.... I see :D:lol:

ps I'm still waiting for the next part of your Christmas Story... is there a turkey, a glass slipper, and wicked witch or an evil ghost of the past... what's next :wink:

It would help if we had some true Warringtonians involved in running the council instead of out of town career opportunists! :oops: