Joel Monaghan To The Wolves

CP

Terry Matterson is quoted in todays Yorkshire Evening Post admitting that he has lost out to Warrington in his attempt to sign Joel Monaghan.

He says that Joel wants to play with his brother and Warrington are trying to make it happen.

Come on Gary get your investigative nose down to the HJ and find out whats going on and who is leaving to accomodate Joel :wink:

Well done Gary but Im not sure you have got the full low down.

Ive heard it from a well connected source and also from Terry Matterson (via the Yorkshire Post) that Wire are trying to get him in for 2011.

If he is going to the Catalans why not just announce it now?

There is more to this than meets the eye I tell thee :D

Well done Gary but Im not sure you have got the full low down.

Ive heard it from a well connected source and also from Terry Matterson (via the Yorkshire Post) that Wire are trying to get him in for 2011.

If he is going to the Catalans why not just announce it now?

There is more to this than meets the eye I tell thee :D

I can only report the FACTS as I am given them.

The only way he can come for 2011 is if someone else who already has a good size contrcat is allowed or agrees to go.

No decision til after Christmas so you will have to make do with what has been reported.

I have little doubt Warrington want him - and he wants to come to Warrington to play with his kid brother - but we will probably have to wait until 2012.

But no one is going to announce anything until it is a water tight done deal where everybody is happy - and that can take time to sort.

Just a quick one Gary, did you know earlier this week but as you said you were only allowed to report the facts as they were at that time?

I think it was well known 'unofficially' what was going on. I heard it from many reliable sources, so many in fact that it was obviously true.

Sad to see Hicks go but im delighted we have signed Joel Monaghan, if he is half as good as his older brother we have got another very good player on our hands.

In my book Mick Monaghan has already written himself into the Wire legends book.