Now Then Wire

CP

Lets keep the wraps on celebrations until the season has finished.

I sincerely hope that Tony limits the alcohol intake and the partying as I really believe we are in with a very decent shout of the CC and GF double.

I would rest key players next week against Harlequinns, settle for 3rd and then go to knowsley road in the 1st playoff weekend and then sock it to them.

For the first time ever Im absolutely convinced we will beat Saints in the playoffs. I think the CC win and performance against Leeds will give us a tremendous amount of confidence and also worry alot of the other playoff contenders.

Happy days :D

What would YOU do against Harlequinns on friday Gary, if you were Tony Smith.

Would you go all out to score enough points to get second or would you rest key players, settle for 3rd and then get geared up to smash saints on their own patch in the playoffs?

Lets keep the wraps on celebrations until the season has finished.

I sincerely hope that Tony limits the alcohol intake and the partying as I really believe we are in with a very decent shout of the CC and GF double.

I would rest key players next week against Harlequinns, settle for 3rd and then go to knowsley road in the 1st playoff weekend and then sock it to them.

For the first time ever Im absolutely convinced we will beat Saints in the playoffs. I think the CC win and performance against Leeds will give us a tremendous amount of confidence and also worry alot of the other playoff contenders.

Happy days :D

Agreed - it doesn't matter whether we finish 2nd or 3rd, we'll still beat Saints as I've said previously. I personally would "rest keys players" next week and make sure we are all 100% fit and fresh for the Saints game. :D

What would YOU do against Harlequinns on friday Gary, if you were Tony Smith.

Would you go all out to score enough points to get second or would you rest key players, settle for 3rd and then get geared up to smash saints on their own patch in the playoffs?

I would be giving Bridge, Myler and Cooper a run out for starters - they will be chomping at the bit!

It pains me to say it but the Pies are the true Champions..They finish top of the pile so therefore are champions. If by some fluke somebody, say Castleford, win this Grand Final they can call themselves champions. Summat wrong somewhere. If the same situation happened in football such as Man U finishing top and Aston Villa winning a play off series and then are crowned champions imagine Fergie's reaction. The hair dryer would be glowing white-hot.

Safers, all the teams know the rules before the season starts. Who's to say that Wire and Saints have been coasting knowing that 2nd would suffice in preparation for the playoffs whilst Wigan have been all out from word go to finish 1st?

What Im trying to say is if the outright winners were those who finished top im sure we might have had a different winner.

I dont believe Wigan are the best team in the competition, I think it is either Saints or ourselves and im sure one of us will win the GF.

It pains me to say it but the Pies are the true Champions..They finish top of the pile so therefore are champions. If by some fluke somebody, say Castleford, win this Grand Final they can call themselves champions. Summat wrong somewhere. If the same situation happened in football such as Man U finishing top and Aston Villa winning a play off series and then are crowned champions imagine Fergie's reaction. The hair dryer would be glowing white-hot.
A bit like the Champions League then? :wink:

I've said a while back that we'll lose to Quins on Friday, Wembley hangover and all that, a couple of the players were out last night in Stockton Heath regarding the alcohol intake but they deserve it as there back in training tomorrow.

I personally agree that we'll finish 3rd regardless of Fridays result so I'd be tempted to rest a few players and go in against Saints all guns blazing against what could be a weakened team due to injuries.