Recycle your pets ?!?

Dizzy

Well not recycle but FREECYCLE them :shock:

I'm all for recycling and the aim of various groups in the country is to recycle items that still have use left in them by 'offering' things online locally with the aim of stopping such items going to costly LANDFILL. I'm all for that.

So is it right one of the local recycing groups ie 'Warrington Freecycle' (which is endorsed on the councils website) is allowing people to offer animals on it :? (Not the councils fault obviously.)

From the past week alone amongst the never ending wanted ads for things like Play Station 3's and money etc :roll:

ON OFFER ARE

Baby mice - with a comment that they are not to be fed to snakes etc :shock:

a young cockerel,

a young rabbit described as having very long teeth that need clipping (without hutch by the way as the persons daughter wants the hutch) :?:?

a 4 month old kitten

and 2 persian cats

Oh and someone wants a puppy :?

Just doesn't seem right somehow and despite supposidly having to be moderated (according to the main freecycle.org network) there are no contact details for the local group administrators ... hence me getting off my chest on here instead :oops::?

I feel slightly better now.. thanks

No it couldn't have been because Bren?s ears are quite normal. :P

I saw a report on Sky News on Monday night which showed a middle age woman actually putting her cat into a wheelie bin. Fortunately someone heard it crying the following day and it was assumed it had either got in by accident or kids had messing about but CCTV showed otherwise. The pictures were very clear and I suspect the woman has by now been identified and arrested.

Bill :)

No it couldn't have been because Bren?s ears are quite normal. :P

I saw a report on Sky News on Monday night which showed a middle age woman actually putting her cat into a wheelie bin. Fortunately someone heard it crying the following day and it was assumed it had either got in by accident or kids had messing about but CCTV showed otherwise. The pictures were very clear and I suspect the woman has by now been identified and arrested.

Bill :)

You don't read the Sun then :wink:

I've seen the clip of the horrid woman and the poor cat.... didn't look like it was only done as a joke to me as she threw the poor thing in, shut the lid and walked off. How did she expect it to get out :?:cry:

She can't be arrested by the police as she has not committed a crime but the RSPCA may prosecute her.

Maybe giving animals away on freecycle is not so bad after all :?better than putting them in a wheelie bin

PS The womans clearly quite dim anyway as everyone knows green bins for garden waste only :wink::oops: