Top Spot

Wolfette

Do we think we will achieve top spot...its a very real possiblility, looking at Wigans last 6 fixtures they have a tough end to the season. Can we sneak it or will Saints overtake us.

Fri 16 Jul

Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves

Fri 23 Jul

Hull FC v Wigan Warriors

Fri 30 Jul

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

Fri 13 Aug

Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants

Sun 22 Aug

Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors

Fri 3 Sep

Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls

A top 3 finish is more likely I feel - I still think we are too reliant on Briers, Myler & Monas, and when a couple fo them don't play, like against Leeds, we generally lack the guile necessary to break down a well organised defence.

I'd be very happy with top 3 and a real shot at the play-offs, where on our day we can beat anyone.

To me the club which finishes top of the table are champions..The so-called *Grand Final* winners are just winners of a limited knock out competition imported from Australia as a means of generating a few more games for Sky TV. Most fans have bought into this daft competition but I would much prefer to plough our own furrow not copying everything Australian.

Top of the table and Wembley would be my priorities...Old Trafford a very distant third.

Safeway you are the most negative poster on here by a country one :lol:

The playoffs and GF have done nothing but enhance our game and I will look forward to the wire competing in them later this year.

As for Wofettes question, I think Wigan will finish top. However I cant see Wigan winning the GF. I sincerely hope Wire make it to the GF but im not 100% confident.

The Wire need to prove themselves in the big game environment against the top 3 teams. I believe the games coming up against saints, wigan and leeds will give a real indication about our true credentials.

Wigan will win the league and Saints will finish second, I'd have taken finishing 3rd at the start of the year so will in no means be disappointed.

Wigan do look good, they have a you score 40 and we'll score 41 mentality, that's because they have the ability in there own team, Saints are always a danger and will come good towards the back end of the year, were a few players short of beating the top teams and that's what will see us finish third... Leeds are better than the table suggests and will finish fourth.

Hope I'm wrong and we can cling onto second place as the week off and second bite at the cherry is important when making a challenge for the Grand Final.

Safeway you are the most negative poster on here by a country one :lol:

The playoffs and GF have done nothing but enhance our game and I will look forward to the wire competing in them later this year.

He may well be, but on this occasion he is spot on. The team finishing top should be the team with the trophy. As I stated previously why finish top? just save everything for the playoffs. What a joke. :roll::roll:

What a joke.

Those three words are an accurate summary of the Super League. More than half the teams qualify for the end of season meaningless games but none go down. The fixtures are all over the shop with different days and kick off times.When a game is being broadcast by Sky then no other game should take place to maintain attendances. Fans should stop being ripped off by scrapping the " on the road" nonsense.