Supermarine seafire at school!

algy

This photo may be of interest to any who attended Broomefields Secondary Modern at Appleton 1953 to 1956, this aircraft was loaned to the school by HMS Blackap at Stretton airfield also loaned was a Rolls Royce Merlin engine sectioned and driven by an electric motor the engine sat beneath a stairwell by the woodwork/metalwork classrooms.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/e7decf4fdeae7bfca54dfbbd7d5bddd35g.jpg

This photo may be of interest to any who attended Broomefields Secondary Modern at Appleton 1953 to 1956, this aircraft was loaned to the school by HMS Blackap at Stretton airfield also loaned was a Rolls Royce Merlin engine sectioned and driven by an electric motor the engine sat beneath a stairwell by the woodwork/metalwork classrooms.[/img]http://www.mediafire.com/i/?503zzzjzzwt[/img]

I've checked the link and it says file not found - email me the direct link and I will set it up for you.

garys@warrington-worldwide.co.uk

Got a talk on HMS Blackcap at my local history group tomorrow so would love to see the picture.I went to Broomfields in 1961 but alas no Spitfire then.I do remember an engine in Billy Banks's metalwork storeroom but i think that was a V8 Ford Pilot engine.

Full details of the Supermarine seafire here---

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/aircraft/seafire.htm

I have sent a PM with the Mediafire Address attached, I don't know what happened to the email I sent.

Algy.

For some reason I can'tg get the image to embed from that site so I have put a direct link to the picture.

If anyone else (Byrdy) can work out why it won't work I would be interested to know :?

YEP of course you can as how else do you think I got it on here :D:D:wink:

At least we can all see the picture Algy was kindly trying to share with us now rather than clicking on your link Gary.. :P ... which by the way when I clicked it said 'download or save.. warning this file may harm your computer blah blah' :wink::P:lol: xx

If anyone else (Byrdy) can work out why it won't work I would be interested to know

algy,the image link has to end in ".jpg" without the quotes,

i.e. www.spitfirepicture.jpg

even when I did that from the site it wouldn't hot link :?

If anyone else (Byrdy) can work out why it won't work I would be interested to know

algy,the image link has to end in ".jpg" without the quotes,

i.e. www.spitfirepicture.jpg

even when I did that from the site it wouldn't hot link :?

Gary,

Don't give up the day job. :roll::wink: