The return of Andrew Johns

Gary

The club must be assuming that he'd get a visa or work permit(unless he's working for free he'll need one surely). He's got an official police caution for possession for which the authorities must take a dim view. He's admitted that throughout his RL career at the top he was abusing drugs and only by his immaculate timing regarding drugs testing he wasn't caught. Gareth Hock has just been drummed out of the regiment for far less abuse than Johns was up to. Am I missing something here ? It's a very bad move by the club which still may not happen. I've read some of his interviews today and he comes across as pathetic. He's attempting to portray himself as a victim. No, Mr Johns you aren't a victim, you are a common or garden type junkie.

Can't believe that the local press (not just WW) are treating him as some sort of god. No mention at all by anyone about what happened when he retired.

I wouldn't say our report treats him like a God! :shock: But it is clearly something people are interested to read about because it has been our best read story so far this month.

We have just reported the facts, as we did when he openly admitted his alcohol and drug abuse.

After watching Wales v England last night my first thoughts were..thank goodness Joey is coming over to "fine tune" Myler ,

So lets all jump off the witch hunt bandwagon and be grateful a player with Johns immense experience and talent is going to be sharing it with our fledgling players.

8156.jpg

Whilst we're at it...let's get a campaign going to get Gareth Hock reinstated...I'm sure the club's sponsors would be delighted to see the pair of them gladhanding guests. Let's face it...Johns played 3 games for the Wire...one reasonable performance and two very average performances. An end to this legend bullshine. At 100.000 Aussie dollars per game a nice little earner for him. Now, THAT'S legendary.